My review of the Oasis. What a great ship!

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=516562&et_cid=2506601&et_rid=16708321&et_referrer=Contest_Costa_June2013

If you read this you will see the hard time we had with the company RCI uses to shuttle us to MIA. I was absolutely astounded by the corporate customer relations dept. in regards to this. I will address this in a letter to Mr. Bayley but also thank God for the Crown and Anchor society. Contacting them resolved my issue in 5 minutes and in contrast to customer relations which seems to be an oxymoron C and A really listened. Bravo! to them. So my conclusion is call them for any issues. Avoid customer relations at all costs.

What exactly did C&A do? I assume just sound apologetic?

The shuttles have always been a problem for me, regardless of who I booked through. I tend to UberX to the port and cab from the port. The $20 savings on a shuttle never paid off.

They really listened to what i had to say and took responsibility whereas customer relations just tried to shift the blame and one person blocked me from even speaking to her supervisor. She said we are all the same. I said you must have a supervisor but she denied me a way to speak to this person. Finally a third call at least got me a super. name and I was told I would get a call back. C and A even gave us $50.00 OBC for the cruise we booked on board as a token of good faith.

Awesome to hear. I have yet to deal with RCCL customer service but at least I'm now aware that C&A is a better route.

My last bad shuttle experience was on another cruise line. departure was promised at 9am and by 9:20am I hollered to other passengers "who is going to FLL? Want to share a SUV cab?" And we did.

The van driver freaked out but that's because he's losing out on $100 due to his desire to pack his van and delay everyone. Since I had an early flight, I wasn't going to wait.

Now I just avoid the shuttles unless I can get in writing that the cruise line will put me in a cab if the van is late. Naturally they won't put it in writing so a cab is budgeted.

If I'm not in any rush, I'll usually offer $10 cash to any vans who look ready to go.

Good for you. I will not use their shuttle service again either. I think thye waited to just pack the vehicle. You pay not just to get to the airport but also for a reasonable service as well. Customer relations kept making the point that they got us there on time and we did not miss the flight so big deal. :mad: Anyway we loved the ship and their on board service and actually did book the Ovation for Nov 2016 while on the Oasis which seemed to mean nothing to them

Edited by jacketwatch

I'm glad to hear you had a great time overall. Good advice - stay away from the group shuttles if possible. From port everglades to FLL the cab cost is only a couple dollars more than the jammed up shuttles. 14 dollar cab ride I believe.

If I book a late flight home its very easy to rent a car with the savings and extend your vacation! You can drop the car at MIA for about $25 This provides additional flight options.

I'm glad to hear you had a great time overall. Good advice - stay away from the group shuttles if possible. From port everglades to FLL the cab cost is only a couple dollars more than the jammed up shuttles. 14 dollar cab ride I believe.

If I book a late flight home its very easy to rent a car with the savings and extend your vacation! You can drop the car at MIA for about $25 This provides additional flight options.

Good advice. I don't for see us using the shuttle again.

I understand they want to pack their shuttles to get as many fares as possible, but if they are delaying folks so they miss flights- that is unacceptable.

Well, the silver lining is that it happened at the end of the cruise and not the beginning. That would definitely have put a little dark cloud over the start.

Awesome to hear. I have yet to deal with RCCL customer service but at least I'm now aware that C&A is a better route.

My last bad shuttle experience was on another cruise line. departure was promised at 9am and by 9:20am I hollered to other passengers "who is going to FLL? Want to share a SUV cab?" And we did.

The van driver freaked out but that's because he's losing out on $100 due to his desire to pack his van and delay everyone. Since I had an early flight, I wasn't going to wait.

Now I just avoid the shuttles unless I can get in writing that the cruise line will put me in a cab if the van is late. Naturally they won't put it in writing so a cab is budgeted.

If I'm not in any rush, I'll usually offer $10 cash to any vans who look ready to go.

Good review! Glad you resolved your problem with C&A!

Good review! Glad you resolved your problem with C&A!

Thank you. I called "Laly" who was referred to me here on another thread and so did C and A and her rep called me today. She was wonderful and really understood and on top of that gave us a bottle of wine and a meal for two at any speciality restaurant on our Ovation cruise Nov. 2016 so I am not only very pleased but feel like someone cared. It's all good now. :)