Disney Magic

monicasp8

IS there anything extra special you can do for the kids while on the boat, anything extra you can sign them up for like the extras at Disney world. I have two boys so I don't think the spa would work but just trying to make sure I am not missing anything that they would be doing that is hidden.

IS there anything extra special you can do for the kids while on the boat, anything extra you can sign them up for like the extras at Disney world. I have two boys so I don't think the spa would work but just trying to make sure I am not missing anything that they would be doing that is hidden.

How old are the boys and is there something extra you had in mind. Disney has activities all over the ship pretty much all day. While some are in the labs and clubs, many are also on other parts of the ship.

We purchased a hidden Mickey's book for our trip. We never got to it becuase our kids were so busy with other activities but, it would be great for them to go around the ship looking for them. That could be an option too.

With DCL they wouldn't need to stay the whole day. You can check them in and out whenever you want. During your cruise each night you will get a Disney Navigator which is a list of ALL of the activities on the cruise the next day. (I'm sure if you do a little searching on the site you can find some examples). From here you can see what Disney is doing and when they are.

For any of the activities in the Club or Lab you can just drop them off and pick them up whenever you want. This way you can pick and choose the activities they want to be there for without feeling forced into it. In addition, even if there is something going on in the club or lab and your kids don't want to participate, but they want to stay, they don't have to either.

As for the Hidden Mickeys, its a book (Amazon is where we found ours) that has clues to all of the Hidden Mickeys located on the ships. Its not a "official" event run by Disney but it is fun for the kids to go around and see where they all are.

As above, you can drop the kids at any time and you'll have the activity schedule the evening before. Most scheduled activities are 45-60 minutes. IF dropping off for a specific activity, get them checked in about 5 minutes early. You can pick them up after an activity or they can stay for free play or any other activity. Most boys love Marvel Academy which is available only on the Magic. No advance sign up--it is one of the play areas in the Oceaneer's Club. Ummmmmm a lot of dads like it too, and they can do it during Open House hours in the Club.

Take along some costumes for pirate night.