Non-excursion ideas

cherub44

My family and I will be in Belize in November. We have decided not to do any of the ship excursions (and we don't want to privately set one up either). Can anyone give me opinions of their favorite beach for doing water sports (jet skis)? Also, any opnions about the best shopping in Belize?

Thanks in advance.

Cucumber Beach is located 5 miles from Belize City, I am not certain the cost for transportation from Belize City to there and back. It is a man made beach but it is very nice. Prices will vary depending on taxi operator. The beach is equipped with huts for shading and chairs for relaxation. The Entrance fee is US 5.00 per adult and children 10 years and under enter for free. Also, they have Old Belize Cultural and Historical Center, which is a virtual museum that displays live scenes of Belize's History, Culture and Industries. The Entrance fee is US 10.00 per adult, US5.00 per child 6 - 12 years and under 6 enter for free. With the purchase of tickets for the museum you receive on free beach pass which will allow you to enter the beach. In addition to the Museum, there is the Gift shop where you can purchase items that are made in Belize. Secondly, there is the Sibun Bite Bar and Grill, which overlooks the Beachand you, can enjoy the cool, fresh breeze as you enjoy one of the many Belizean dishes. The cost of the meal range from US 2.50 - US20.00, Drinks range from US 1.00 - US17.00. Finally, there is Marina, which caters to both the sport fisherman and the recreational boater.

Archived