What do you do in Cozumel?

kelkel2

This will probably get moved, but every time I ask questions over in the port specific forums they don't get much response. I don't think there's much traffic over there. So I'm hoping to get answers here before it gets moved.

Usually in Cozumel we just do our own thing, shopping, lunch, downtown, etc. we've been there 3 times now and for our next cruise I am looking for something different. Maybe an all inclusive? I saw Nachi cocum (spelling) and I went to book on their site but it says that day is already book. Any other suggestions for something similar or anything else that is just really fun? We are not people who want to lay at the beach all day, but give us a pool and a swim up bar and an all inclusive day, count me in!!

By the way, this is for my cruise in January 2017... Do you think Nachi is already booked or just not taking reservations yet?

Edited by kelkel2

Mr. Sanchos offers an all-inclusive, and a pay as you go option. We spent two separate days there in July (we were in Cozumel for a week), and we enjoyed both days. Food is very good, as is the service. Property is very clean, and well-maintained. Sanchos is owned locally, so the $$ stays in Cozumel :)

Mr Sanchos has a swim-up bar on the AI side :)

Another option is the Cozumel Bar Hop. Great fun, and takes a tour of 4 bars on the East Side. Just beautiful!

I'd be happy to answer specific questions, if I can :)

Edited by soccersharon

I love Cozumel because it has so many different excursions/tours.

Passion Island by Twister Boat was a great fun day.

Motorcycle tour is fun.

ATV Tour, etc...

Check ships excursion list for ideas.

Check Tripadvisor's list.....lots of ideas there.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g150809-Activities-Cozumel_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

Edited by silvercrikhix

Paradise Beach is my favorite. I'm going back in June. Wonderful pool and nice bar and beach. Very inexpensive. I have also been to Mr Sanchos but liked Paradise much better. The world's cleanest restrooms too. They have a lady who stays in there cleaning with every use.

This will probably get moved, but every time I ask questions over in the port specific forums they don't get much response. I don't think there's much traffic over there. So I'm hoping to get answers here before it gets moved.

Usually in Cozumel we just do our own thing, shopping, lunch, downtown, etc. we've been there 3 times now and for our next cruise I am looking for something different. Maybe an all inclusive? I saw Nachi cocum (spelling) and I went to book on their site but it says that day is already book. Any other suggestions for something similar or anything else that is just really fun? We are not people who want to lay at the beach all day, but give us a pool and a swim up bar and an all inclusive day, count me in!!

By the way, this is for my cruise in January 2017... Do you think Nachi is already booked or just not taking reservations yet?

Could be booked as they only take 100 people per day, but over a year out I would bet they have not opened their bookings yet.

We have been there several times and love it. We have also done the Bar Hop tour and had a ball.

We've used a Driver for the Day 2 times and we absolutely loved it and him. Very inexpensive day and he will take you wherever you want to go. If you pick going to a beach - he stays with your stuff so you don't have to worry about anything going missing.

Both times after touring all the way around the island we have gone to a beach and he included an hour of snorkeling in his price for the day. We also had a private guide who went out in the water with us and helped with the kids and took pictures with my underwater camera. He did it just for a tip - the kids loved it and us adults did too.

Our favorite Cozumel activity is The Bar Hop http://www.cozumelbarhop.com/

The other side of the the island is really beautiful and the food and drinks at some of the stops are incredible.

I agree , the bar hop is great fun! We did it in Feb with our dd's and their boyfriends in Feb. And we booked it to do just the two of us this Feb.

If you were to snorkel in Cozumel, is it better by boat or do they have good snorkeling off the shore?

We snorkeled at Chankunub with our own gear right off shore and saw a lobster and cuddle fish.