What do you do in Cozumel?

kelkel2

I have done several things in Cozumel, and my favorite place for a nice beach day is Paradise Beach. I am somewhat active, so I enjoy their water toys, and below the pier is some good snorkeling. A lot of fish like to hang out around there, especially when it's sunny. I don't eat/drink a ton, so I like that they are not an all-inclusive thing. I come out much cheaper just paying for what I want.

Playa Mia was nice, but Paradise Beach is just as good for much cheaper. Chankanaab Park is really nice. They have good snorkeling, a sea lion show, plus we did an awesome dolphin swim there ($$$). Nachi Cocum is not for me, as I'm not into just laying around and drinking in a quiet, empty environment. Some people will want that, and that's great for them, but it's not for people who enjoy a lively & active atmosphere.

I have also done a snorkeling tour through Carnival (my friends' choice). We snorkeled off a boat not that far from the ship, and the snorkeling was excellent. We had 1 hour at a beach with a few water toys. I enjoyed it, but they rushed us back to the ship, extremely early.

We've used a Driver for the Day 2 times and we absolutely loved it and him. Very inexpensive day and he will take you wherever you want to go. If you pick going to a beach - he stays with your stuff so you don't have to worry about anything going missing.

Both times after touring all the way around the island we have gone to a beach and he included an hour of snorkeling in his price for the day. We also had a private guide who went out in the water with us and helped with the kids and took pictures with my underwater camera. He did it just for a tip - the kids loved it and us adults did too.

We loved Hiring a Driver for the day.

• 3 weeks later...
Rather than take an excursion we sometimes like to check out shops and restaurants that you can easily walk to from the ship. Are there shops and/or

restaurants in port? (Sailing on Celebrity Silhouette in January 2016) Or do we need to take a taxi? Thanks!

I am repeating what I have read, I have never been!

There are (at least) 3 cruise piers in Cozumel. I believe your X cruise will dock at the TMM international pier, which is a few miles south of the main "downtown" area (downtown San Miguel). There will be shopping at the pier, but you can also take a taxi into town for about $8. I'm planning on doing so on my upcoming X cruise and do the walk-around thing.

Our first time in Coz we just walked around and checked things out...the last time we went we booked the private driver for the two of us through cozumelcruiseexcursionsdotnet and it was the MOST awesome time ever. Jonny Bravo was our driver and super awesome! They made our day about us and we won't forget it. I'd have booked my AI through them if I could've. I chose Mr. Sanchos for our January cruise because our son will be celebrating his 14th bday that day in Coz and we wanted him to use the water park toys! The AI they had listed didn't have things he would've liked. I hope Sanchos is all it's proclaimed to be!

By the way, this is for my cruise in January 2017... Do you think Nachi is already booked or just not taking reservations yet?

Some people on our roll call recently booked Nachi for a January 2016 cruise so doubt it's already booked for 2017 ... maybe just not taking reservations yet.