Helicopter tours after cruise

buzz804

Hi All, I'll try again to post, not having much success with this site! Anyway arriving back into NY on the Breakaway 11th December, assuming we have disembarked by 9am would we have time to catch a taxi to the Manhattan heliport, do a sight seeing trip then taxi to Newark airport for 3pm? what are the pros and cons? how much would a taxi be from Downtown Manhattan to Newark airport? any advise much appreciated

If your flight is at 3 Then I would say no. If you want to be at the airport by 3 that would mean giving yourself 60 minutes minimum but I would do 90 to get to Newark from The heliport Call me a overly cautious though.

IMHO you have to have the ride started by 10:30 latest and finished by 1:00 latest.

Why not just walk south 2 blocks from the port and see about taking the circle line? Half and full around Manhattan are offered

If you want to see NYC from the sky there is the freedom tower. Empire State and top of the rock. All offer timed admission

Not sure what you plan to do with your luggage though.

Dec 11 is a Friday I see. Also 2 weeks before Christmas. Not sure if that's a noted "gridlock alert " day. You could probably google that info.

Edited by luvtheships

Thanks for that, our flight isn't till 7pm, 3hour check in so would like to be at airport between 3 and 4, though if we got a 10.30 heli flight that would allow us plenty time to get to Newark AP

Ok then yes it would allow enough time. Do be advised that rush hour traffic can be bad even as early as 3 pm especially on a Friday.

That's right. Ever since the Hudson River was converted to an active aircraft runway several years ago. :cool:

Who was the baseball player who was killed in a private plane accident flying along the Hudson River and into someone's apartment?

I thought that was when then closed the airspace over the river.