Enchantment Aft JS 7172

barbyma

Can anyone tell about this cabin? I think I've got a really good deal that would work for us, but I'd like to be armed with info before I try to sell my hubby on booking another cruise right now....

Anyone know how big the balcony is? Anyone have any pictures?

Thanks in advance!

Barb

Well that Ship was just refurbished and stretched and from everything I've read on here it's gorgeous. According to their web site the balcony is 58 sq.ft. and the room is 254. sounds like a nice spacious room and big deck. I've read alot of people love the balconies on the back of the ship. There are some great pictures of the Ship after her refurbishment on webshots. I have not been on her but am booked for the summer so I have been reading everything I can find and looking at all the pictures and it looks great! Wish I were going on her now!!!

One of the primary reasons people like the aft cabins is that the balconies are over-sized. For example, we're in JS 1694 on the Explorer next year :D:D. The JS balcony is described as 59 sq ft, but the balcony for JS is actually 225 sq ft.

I know the one on the Enchantment will not be THIS big, since the JS cabin is smaller, but I'm hoping it's at least something my DH can't pass up!

Barb

We are off on enchantment next week in 7672 and 7666 both on the back one corner and one centre. Will be happy to give upto date info on our return but will be away from pc until oct 23rd

Ouch! This is for Dec, so I need to book sooner. I'd still like to hear about your trip, though! Thanks!

Barb

Was just looking at Enchantment rates and noticed that since we booked our cruise the rate for our cabin has increased $250.00 per person! WOW! We booked in May for next summer and now it appears they have done a BIG price overhaul. If you have a good price go for it! If you're not sure ask for a complimentary hold on the cabin. I was trying to decide and noticed prices were increasing so I had them hold it for me. Boy was I glad, that day they did a price increase and I was guaranteed the lower price!

Was just looking at Enchantment rates and noticed that since we booked our cruise the rate for our cabin has increased $250.00 per person! WOW! We booked in May for next summer and now it appears they have done a BIG price overhaul. If you have a good price go for it! If you're not sure ask for a complimentary hold on the cabin. I was trying to decide and noticed prices were increasing so I had them hold it for me. Boy was I glad, that day they did a price increase and I was guaranteed the lower price!

I put a hold on it as soon as I saw it was available, but they'll only hold it for 24 hours, so I need to convince DH ASAP!

We booked our Alaska cruise about 8 months out and it nearly doubled by sailing. I don't think these prices will go up considering it's already less than 3 months out, but you never know, and the cabin could be gone tomorrow!

Barb

Don't know if they'll do this but..when I had mine on hold for 24 hrs. I called and asked if there was anyway they could extend it, they gave me 5 more days :) It may have been cuz it was less than 30 days till sailing and the ship wasn't full..but they did give me an extension. You could try if you need extra time. hope you can convince him, then you can let me know how great the ship is:D

Don't know if they'll do this but..when I had mine on hold for 24 hrs. I called and asked if there was anyway they could extend it, they gave me 5 more days :) It may have been cuz it was less than 30 days till sailing and the ship wasn't full..but they did give me an extension. You could try if you need extra time. hope you can convince him, then you can let me know how great the ship is:D

Oh, cool. Thanks! I bet they will since we already have another one booked. Right now is not the time to be talking to DH about this. There's a raging fire only a couple of miles away :eek: & we may have to evacuate tonight, so he's a little bit tense...:(

Barb

oh good luck to you. I've seen the fires on the news! I know about evacuations, we live in Florida and have had to make many trips out of town for hurricanes. You can never take EVERYTHING you want :( and sometimes the road gridlocks are awful. Keep us posted and I hope you don't have to evacuate. I will look forward to hearing if you decided to go for it :)

oh good luck to you. I've seen the fires on the news! I know about evacuations, we live in Florida and have had to make many trips out of town for hurricanes. You can never take EVERYTHING you want :( and sometimes the road gridlocks are awful. Keep us posted and I hope you don't have to evacuate. I will look forward to hearing if you decided to go for it :)

Thanks. Luckily, a fire is a lot easier to leave behind because there are much fewer people evacuating at the same time. Plus, we only need to get a few miles away. It's tough, though, to be miles away from where your house might be burning. So far, we're fine!

Barb

Hope all is well with you today and they get the fires under control. I read where they were expecting higher humidity which will help in getting the fires out. Please keep us posted and also let us know what DH thinks about the Enchantment. Have a Safe Day!

This may help a little, I cut and pasted from another thread on this topic as we were also interested in enchantment deck 7 afts

http://community.webshots.com/album/231690102KNcdwP

from my workings out this cabin is now renumbered 7170 which would be right next door to the one your looking at. Anyhow I'll try and take some shots from our trip and get them posted by the end of october.

Thank you to both of you.

We're safe. The fire changed directions long before it got to us and we actually woke up to a clearer sky. A lot of the smoke and ash was blown eastward into Northridge and Van Nuys.

I think I'll still wait a couple of days before springing this on DH.:)

Barb

Archived