Celebration winter 2016

I saw Celebration is going to Dubai. Anyone got more info? Sweby

Hi Sweby

I think the new brochures are due out in the next couple of weeks. I am waiting with baited breath to see what repositioning cruise they are doing from Dubrovnik to Dubai. Couldn't do Dubai and stay as DH would be unbearable on a land-based holiday. If repo is interesting our October holiday will be cancelled and re-booked. Fingers crossed for favourable repo.:D

They go on sale on Thursday. There's two itineraries including overnight stay in Dubai, Khasab and Muscat in Oman, Manama in Bahrain, Doha in Qatar, Abu Dhabi and Khor Fakkan in United Arab Emirates.

Hi Sailaway487

Thanks for the information. Hope the local TA has the new brochure on Thursday, although I usually book online so should be able to find all the information there.

I remember reading somewhere about the ports of call but it looked as if the two itineraries would be week only cruises, with the option for a week's stay in Dubai, but no back to back. I may have misunderstood but all will be revealed this week. I would still like to know about the repo though as that could be quite interesting.:)

Hi Sweby

I think the new brochures are due out in the next couple of weeks. I am waiting with baited breath to see what repositioning cruise they are doing from Dubrovnik to Dubai. Couldn't do Dubai and stay as DH would be unbearable on a land-based holiday. If repo is interesting our October holiday will be cancelled and re-booked. Fingers crossed for favourable repo.:D

My husband is the same and won't do beach holidays now. For the same reason he doesn't fancy Dubai cruises. I was waiting for the itineraries and more information about the ports to start to persuade him.;) However the latest info on Thomsons states two of the ports are beach days. So I don't think I'm going to have much luck there.:(

I think I'd like the repo but what about pirates :eek:, or I'm I being a wimp?

Don't get your hopes up. This time last year Thomson announced in a blaze of glory cruises to and around Cuba. In reality they could only continue to go Havana. There were infrastructure problems, discovered months later, with the 2 new Cuban ports. To add insult to injury the customer service to those booking early with the extended Cuba itinerary cancelled was a complete shambles and a disgrace.

Lets hope they improve.

Len

My husband is the same and won't do beach holidays now. For the same reason he doesn't fancy Dubai cruises. I was waiting for the itineraries and more information about the ports to start to persuade him.;) However the latest info on Thomsons states two of the ports are beach days. So I don't think I'm going to have much luck there.:(

I think I'd like the repo but what about pirates :eek:, or I'm I being a wimp?

tbh (i have spent time in dubai) its not really a beachy holiday imo... dubai especially, is all about the shopping & the glitzy city life, yes there are beaches and swimwear is acceptable in the resorts

but its not really a relax and unwind kick back kind of holiday imo

the uae is very conservative.... people should keep shoulders & knees covered in public, women shouldn’t wear tight, short, lowcut, skimpy or in anyway suggestive clothing including t shirts with ‘some’ slogans (ie fc uk) in public spaces, there are signs all over dubai malls about this (dress codes are everywhere)

holding hands or kissing in public is considered obsene even in taxis

no drinking alcohol other than in private or behind closed doors in specially licenced premises, drunkenness in public is not tolerated

loud music or dancing in the street is frowned upon, cussing in public is considered a serious, punishable offence

what may be considered acceptable here at home could be very inappropriate or even illegal there

its great for shopping or if you like 24 hour city life… but its not for people who like to relax with friends (& beer) or mooch about town in flip flops and shorts (as we do)

however... the repo is attracting me ... especially if it visits petra :cool:

cruise ships can easily outrun pirates btw (its the big tankers that are slow) and there will be a local security detail on board)

Edited by geomagot

tbh (i have spent time in dubai) its not really a beachy holiday imo... dubai especially, is all about the shopping & the glitzy city life, yes there are beaches and swimwear is acceptable in the resorts

but its not really a relax and unwind kick back kind of holiday imo

the uae is very conservative.... people should keep shoulders & knees covered in public, women shouldn’t wear tight, short, lowcut, skimpy or in anyway suggestive clothing including t shirts with ‘some’ slogans (ie fc uk) in public spaces, there are signs all over dubai malls about this (dress codes are everywhere)

holding hands or kissing in public is considered obsene even in taxis

no drinking alcohol other than in private or behind closed doors in specially licenced premises, drunkenness in public is not tolerated

loud music or dancing in the street is frowned upon, cussing in public is considered a serious, punishable offence

what may be considered acceptable here at home could be very inappropriate or even illegal there

its great for shopping or if you like 24 hour city life… but its not for people who like to relax with friends (& beer) or mooch about town in flip flops and shorts (as we do)

however... the repo is attracting me ... especially if it visits petra :cool:

cruise ships can easily outrun pirates btw (its the big tankers that are slow) and there will be a local security detail on board)

Thanks for the info Geo.

So waiting for itineraries for repo...........are you sure Celebration is fast enough, even with a wobble?

Usually CD have the details up by now. Perhaps they have other stuff to do with the cancellations in Sharm.

Edited by happy v

Our TA has indicated that although the Dubai cruise can be booked on Celebration from today they are not releasing the new brochure until 18th December:eek: also confirmed that Dream and Discovery are in the Caribbean. The impression they gave me was that booking details would be on the web for online bookings tomorrow:rolleyes: we will wait and see but they are probably a little busy at the moment with other problems:)

Our TA has indicated that although the Dubai cruise can be booked on Celebration from today they are not releasing the new brochure until 18th December:eek: also confirmed that Dream and Discovery are in the Caribbean. The impression they gave me was that booking details would be on the web for online bookings tomorrow:rolleyes: we will wait and see but they are probably a little busy at the moment with other problems:)

They are online today, just searching for the repositional

Thank you P. This was most helpful.

Len

Hi Tina.w.12 I have just had a look and they are not showing, still only up to October with the other dates in the background perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place😕

they are showing up until january 2017

http://www.thomson.co.uk/cruise/cruise-calendar#Jan-2017

celebration repo has been split in two? leaving malaga 24 november disembarking sharm el sheikh 6th december (12 nights)

then next cruise embarking sharm 6th december disembark dubai on 21st december (14 nights) ... a strange move from thoms?

I spent an hour waiting in our TA while she tried to find the repro cruise, and she had to ring head office. I think they were just putting them on, I was too early. She said the repro cruise was 25 days, and should be on line even though she couldn't bring them up. Brochures having printer problems but should be out 10 December.

Since coming home, I have now found the 2 halves of the repro cruise on their site, but not able to link them for a 25 day one like she said. Looks good, but don't think I want to risk booking this early, despite the drinks being all in.

they are showing up until january 2017

)

then next cruise embarking sharm 6th december disembark dubai on 21st december (14 nights) ... a strange move from thoms?

No flights from Manchester for this one, I hope that's just a website error

yes... its a strange move by thomsons this is??

its not really floating my boat tbh:(

regional flights dont seem to tally up with both the 2 parts of the repo:confused:

out of the 2 itineraries i much prefer the 2nd half, although the suez transit in the first half would be interesting ...... i think the egyptians are going to be v pleased to see celeb back in port sokhna

but 2 overnights in hurghada?.... nothing much there? a few resorts/makadi park? .... not many turists in hurgarda these days? the markets will probably be long ago closed up (ditto luxor) although probably a good time to go see the valley of the kings/karnak as it will be virtually deserted ... maybe next winter will be better for egypt (than the last few years have been?)

overnight in aqaba sounds like the best bit:cool: ... for petra and maybe even the dead sea (as well) :cool:

not much opportunity to visit dubai city as it will be disembarkation day

Only ever done Suez once on Spirit many years ago, was really looking forward to it at the time but had a 'lock down' no one allowed on deck and was told to keep away from windows so will probably stick to the Caribbean although it appears less POC are on for 2017 and even though we love Barbados three days may be to much:rolleyes:

honestly... looking at this i am really not at all impressed, i really have no idea what to do for next christmas 2016?? :confused:

discovery in barbados.... flying out on christmas day! (aint gonna be doing that) or going a week earlier and flying back on new years day .... (not flippin likely!) and those balconies are hideously expensive? (compared to ventura)

dream 14 day christmas offering...... 4 sea days plus 2 overnights in cuba & belize?? 2 visits to cozumel so only 7 diferent ports of call visited in a fortnight and priced at over 2k pp for a basic inside! :eek: (ok includes free ai but some people dont drink that much?)

dont fancy a 2 week back to back in dubai

looks like i will be looking at doing p&o next christmas

I was looking for the TA on Discovery, but couldn't find it, but going by the prices when she gets to the Caribbean, they can take a running jump. Britannia and Azura look better options.

Anyway got to sort out our Egyptian holiday in February with TC first. I have told DH I am not going and I think he is coming round to my point of view :) Unless of course he intending to go on his own :eek: