What are the best restaurants in San Juan to celebrate an engagement???

4nzic1

I figured I'd turn to you professionals. : ) Quick background: I just found out that friends of ours who are also going on the December 11th cruise on Carnival Destiny got engaged. Other friends of ours, also going on the cruise, thought it would be a good idea if we had an engagement dinner while in San Juan (the soon to be married live in DC and the rest of us live out here in Southern California.......we only meet up once a year on vacations). We're all (group of 11) arriving 3-4 days prior to the December 11th sailing. The question is: Where would be a good place to have a nice sit down dinner and maybe dancing afterwards? We all range in ages from 27-45.

Thanks in advance

Are you looking for dinner and dancing in Old San Juan or outside in resort area?

If you click on the Destinations link at the top of the page (2 over from Boards) you can then work your way to San Juan. There is a ton of info there under Editors Picks: Great Ways to spend a day in San Juan. It lists quite a few restaurants and from my research these are also well liked here on the boards. It also lists some neat places for music/dancing in old san juan. We plan on making an evening at two of the local salsa clubs....want to see how its really done ! Also you could pick up at your local bookstore FROMMERS CARIBBEAN PORTS OF CALL. Be sure and get 5th edition (latest printing) and it too has tons and tons of info on every port in the Caribbean.

My congrats to the lucky couple... our cruise in Nov. is to celebrate our 25th anniversary !! :)

4NZIC1: They should be listed in the above posted under "Destinations" under nightlife. But here you go:

Newyorkrican Cafe, 312 Calle San Francisco, they have different salsa band every night and is always packed with locals (they invented salsa !) and

The Rumba Night Club, 152 Calle San Sebastian, most popular spot for salsa

also in case youre interested: Cafe Bohemio at the El Convento hotel, 100 Calle del Cristo) has live jazz. (This is where we are staying 2 night precruise in Nov.) check it out www.elconvento.com Its an old convent built in 1600's and is Puerto Ricos only 5 star hotel....

and Carli Cafe Concierto, 206 Tetuan St. has laid back jazz and a view of the harbor (it is owned by a former back up musician for the Beach Boys)

We are planning our "big night" at Pamelas - not in Old San Juan but highly recommended. 1 Santa Ana in Ocean Park in the Numero Uno Guesthouse. Then back to osj to dance. But again there are many others so just keep looking.

Do go to the site under Destinations as it has alot of other info as well as the book I suggested -- have a great cruise

I found the info exactly where you said I'd find it. : ) I read through it (taking a break from examining evidence at work) and came across some night clubs. I think we may try that Newyorkrican one. : )

thanks again

Archived