Cruise / Island wedding -- HELP!!!

kre8ivejen

Hello!

I am soooo confused and lost! My fiance and I want to go on another cruise to get married, but it seems that it might be a bit less expensive to maybe go on a cruise that stops at key west and get married on the beach than to go in international waters or another country to get married... has anyone done much research on this?!

Also, we have a few that want to come with us. How have you guys booked to get the best rates for all? Do you go through a travel agent? Call the cruise line direct? Go through a travel site like online vacations?

I know i have a bit of time as we are looking at right after christmas 2016 or in february 2017, but I am starting to freak out....... THANK YOU for any help and information that any of you may be able to offer! :) THANX....

I did all the research myself for the cruise line group advantage and wedding on island cost. The only real difference i saw with an "international" water wedding was requirements to be able to obtain a marriage licence. This is all dependent on where you want to get married. I know the weddings that my wedding planner offered were priced between a few hundred dollars to 10-15 thousand dollars. It all depends on what you want. I was married on St. Thomas and had no problems with wedding licence (because it is a US Territory) and i have a full blown wedding and reception, which was in the upper price range.

For the deals with the cruise lines.... Most TA don't work with Carnival real well for groups, if that was a line you were looking at. I went through a Carnival Group PVP (their customer service booking people) and booked a group through them. I did early saver so we could get any price drops up until 2 days before the wedding. Downsides to this: 1) cancelling a room became a hassle for whoever backs out because ES rates are restricted 2) we lost all ability to earn "perk points" (free wine, flowers, etc) by choosing the cheaper rate. With a group for every 8 Rooms (16 berths) booked you got a free berth.

There is a lot of information on these boards, and many people are willing to let you know what they went through. Hope this helps!