UBP & drinks on your balcony

trish1c

Before UPB we'd purchase a bottle of wine & a bucket of beer to consume in the cabin on our balcony. It was quite convenient.

With the UBP I understand that you can only get 1 drink at a time. Does this mean that if we want to have drinks on our balcony both of us have to get dressed (cover ups over bathing suits) and walk to the nearest bar which is most likely on another floor to get another drink every time?

Does anybody have any suggestions that are more convenient?

You could bring your own wine...

What the wife and I do is squirrel away beer. Usually the bartenders will give us beers unopened to carry back to the suite. We stash those in the fridge and repeat this a few times throughout the cruise and keep a stock of beer available in the room.

Squirreling away the unopened beer should work for DH. Do you think I could talk a bartender into at least a really big glass of wine? Of course I'd let a picture of a dead US president do my talking. lol :) We're not trying to break rules or give away drinks. We just don't want to keep running to a bar.

Squirreling away the unopened beer should work for DH. Do you think I could talk a bartender into at least a really big glass of wine? Of course I'd let a picture of a dead US president do my talking. lol :) We're not trying to break rules or give away drinks. We just don't want to keep running to a bar.

Get a wine and then go up get another and take them to your cabin. If white put them in the fridge until you want them.

Edited by NCLfamily

Get a wine and then go up get another and take them to your cabin. If white put them in the fridge until you want them.

Yep. Take a leisurely tour of the ship's bars with a couple Tervis Water Bottles in hand. Transfer the bar orders into the bottles before arriving at the next bar. By the time you get back to your cabin you'll be all set for a while.

BTW a regular size carabiner clip lets you carry two bottles in one hand...

Edited by gpb11

Before UPB we'd purchase a bottle of wine & a bucket of beer to consume in the cabin on our balcony. It was quite convenient.

With the UBP I understand that you can only get 1 drink at a time. Does this mean that if we want to have drinks on our balcony both of us have to get dressed (cover ups over bathing suits) and walk to the nearest bar which is most likely on another floor to get another drink every time?

Does anybody have any suggestions that are more convenient?

In my experience, the bartenders don't care if you order 2 beers as long as you say it's for your partner. The both of you could just go to separate bars and order 2 under each of your cards. There's 4 there. Rinse and repeat.

Yep. Take a leisurely tour of the ship's bars with a couple Tervis Water Bottles in hand. Transfer the bar orders into the bottles before arriving at the next bar. By the time you get back to your cabin you'll be all set for a while.

BTW a regular size carabiner clip lets you carry two bottles in one hand...

Like this idea:)

What the wife and I do is squirrel away beer. Usually the bartenders will give us beers unopened to carry back to the suite. We stash those in the fridge and repeat this a few times throughout the cruise and keep a stock of beer available in the room.

We did this on another cruise line and it worked well... "squirreling away beer!" But the fridges are small and do not get very cold. If you like your beer cold, bring one of those small folding cooler bags and ask the steward to bring you extra ice when you are ready to ice it down. Plenty of bars nearby so easy for one person to take both room cards and go to a bar and bring back 2 drinks.

I just realized my husband and I are both platinum, so we will getting a bottle of wine with LeBistro dinners. Can I get the bottle "to go" for my cabin and just enjoy wine from the UBP?

Edited by 2boyzmom

With the UBP you also get 25% discount on bottled wine. I know it sounds silly to pay for a bottle when you can get it by the glass for free but it certainly is an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YES! Exactly what we do. I'll take it one step further.. What we also do in regards to wine is, order a glass, take a walk to the cabin, and deposit the wine into empty water bottles (we take a case of poland spring waters with us every trip) than we'll go to a different bar, and repeat a few times. Next thing you know, we have a few beers, and a good amount of wine in our cabin for us to enjoy at our convenience :D:D:D:D:D