Don't touch that!

lucigo

I teach preschool so I come equipped with my "germ" kit lol...I bring Lysol spray and wipes and mini hand sanitizers are everywhere! In carryons..purse..you name it you'll probably find one!!! I know it sounds crazy but when I get on board I use my spray and hit all the light switches, toilet fixtures and the remote control. I spray everything with Lysol spray..then I wipe things down with my wipes...including the toilet!:eek: And before we go on board..we do the zicam fizzy tabs for about 2-3 days and we seem to do ok! we do eat at the buffet but we sanitize BEFORE going through the line and AFTER we exit (before we eat)

I know that the original claims of airborne were stretched, but the ingredients in it are still beneficial to boost my I mmune system imho. When I get a cold, as soon as I started feeling bad, I start taking it. I feel much better lots faster than the times I haven't taken it. That's just me. What is that saying about different strokes. Lol. I won't dog anyone who doesn't like it or if it doesn't work for them.

How not to catch the common cold...

Never leave your house.

Don't invite anyone into your house.

Don't fly, vacation, cruise, eat at restaurants, visit your kid's school, have kids for that matter.

Don't go to sporting events, swim in community pools, use communal exercise equipment, eat the freebies at Costco.

Stay away from hospitals, clinics, and Drs. offices.

Hopefully you all get the picture.

Well that depends I think being pragmatic makes more sense

Make the 1 st dr appt of the day

Air out your rooms even in winter

Avoid churches at certain times....such as midnight Mass when it's 20 degrees and standing room only....just go to the latest Mass the next day...it won't be crowded

At times do avoid socializing...like mid January perhaps?

Take zinc pills religiously

Go out for lunch or dinner mid week if possible during times of high illness....like the height of flu season

You get the idea.

I heard and have used Zinc as a preventive measure for the common cold. Studies have proven and dis-proven that it works. But it also says it cant really hurt you. So a few weeks ago, while working with my college students, when I started getting a stuffy nose and the students were hacking and coughing.......I started one tablet of zinc a day for about 4 days. I was good to go. Was it the zinc? I don't know, too many variables. But in my mind it worked, so I'll use again. Sometimes mind over matter needs a little boost from a product, fake or real.

As of nov 1 each year I take zinc daily

Buy the kids vitamins with zinc added

I have heard that drinking a hot beverage on an airline flight helps keep airborne viruses at bay, anyone else try this?

You can sacrifice a goat before you leave home too. I have heard that helps.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

How not to catch the common cold...

Never leave your house.

Don't invite anyone into your house.

Don't fly, vacation, cruise, eat at restaurants, visit your kid's school, have kids for that matter.

Don't go to sporting events, swim in community pools, use communal exercise equipment, eat the freebies at Costco.

Stay away from hospitals, clinics, and Drs. offices.

Hopefully you all get the picture.

So true! There are germs everywhere and we're immune to most of them because we've been exposed to most of them. It's not a good thing to go around acting like Howard Hughes all the time. Just use good judgment and enjoy your life.

I've been cruising since 1964! I have never, ever gotten sick on a cruise and I've been on lots and lots of them. I do believe in washing my hands before I touch my food and using good judgment about what I eat and where. I do not believe in being crazy about it all. JMHO:)

So true! There are germs everywhere and we're immune to most of them because we've been exposed to most of them. It's not a good thing to go around acting like Howard Hughes all the time. Just use good judgment and enjoy your life.

I've been cruising since 1964! I have never, ever gotten sick on a cruise and I've been on lots and lots of them. I do believe in washing my hands before I touch my food and using good judgment about what I eat and where. I do not believe in being crazy about it all. JMHO:)

IMHO, the best post here!! If I ran around worrying half as much as some of these people do about germs, I would never enjoy my vacation.

Pat

I refuse to drive myself nuts over some of the rituals people post here. The only new thing I do is a quick swipe in the cabin, and wash hands once in a while. There are absolutely no germ free areas in this world, so it's just luck of the draw whether one gets sick or not.

I just saw an article on the internet where someone had tried this but it didn't work. You just never know what to believe do you? :rolleyes:

This literally made me lol. Thank you and the other non-germophobes for keeping it real. Germs are a part of life and they're EVERYWHERE! All of these people who won't touch this or that or drink a gallon of sanitizer everyday...SMH...

I think it is directly related to letting your blood alcohol level get too low. When you get an injection at the Doctor's office what do they rub on you first? Alcohol. If you stay toxic enough germs will pick a more hospitable host. Besides if you do get sick you won't remember it anyway :D

Kidding aside, proper hand washing is the number one practical way to limit exposure.

I have heard that drinking a hot beverage on an airline flight helps keep airborne viruses at bay, anyone else try this?

Haven't heard that one. But what I have heard is that the water tanks on-board airplanes are gross and scummy. Here's one article on that:

Why Airline Crews Skip The Coffee And Tea On Board:

http://onforb.es/1gHmH4s

Now. Read on at your own peril.

Do you want to hear about the time they REUSED THE NAPKINS on the Liberty??? :eek: Ick. No lie. We were at breakfast in the dining room, I unfolded my napkin, and found that it was already full of crumbs. And lipstick. :eek: The gal at the maitre-d' station admitted that they were having issues with the laundry that morning. Ugh.

The problem with eating with your hands is this. Lets say the guy in front of you in the buffet has noro on his hands. He touches the tongs to get a bun for his burger. You then touch the tongs and your hands are now contaminated. You pick up the bun with the tongs, and it stays clean, but when you pick up the burger to eat it, your hands have transferred the germs to the burger, which you now ingest. If you used a knife and fork to eat with, even after your hands had become contaminated (after your hand washing), your hands would never have touched the food, so it would not be contaminated.

And yes, I know pretty well how many people have touched the utensils, and its not that many, which is why they are wrapped in linen.

See, I have a toddler. Anytime we eat outside the home thge last thing we do before eating is an antibacterial wipe for hands. People have touched, coughed on, sneezed on, etc. the tables, chairs, trays, cups, and everything else. The flatwear wrapped in linen is no exception.