best economical way from bush international to galveston

irkutsk

I need a suggestion what would be the less expensive way to get from bush international airport to the port in galveston for 3 people. We are arriving fairly late day before the cruise and it probably would make sense to stay in airport hotel or some were around(less expensive) then go to galveston just for the night. I always rent a car when we cruise out of florida, if it is making sense but i could not get any opportunity to use discounted web site such as side step to rent a car one way from houston to galveston. GAlveston consider also houston, not a separate entity. we also will need a car for a week after the cruise to tour the TX state, to go to austin and san antonio and back to houston to fly home---same problem could not get car in galveston, it show only houston. Any advice? thank you

I flew in for my cruise out of Galveston 2 days early and rented a car from Enterprise. There was a $40 drop off fee and I had to book over the phone as their web site does not support one way reservations. Dropped the car off at the enterprise in galveston and they shuttled me to the pier.

Here is what you can do. For some reason Carnival will only let you take their airport shuttle if your flight arrives the day of the cruise(at least that was true in Florida). We flew in a day early , stayed at the airport went back to airport the next morning and took their shuttle. All we had to do was look up a flight that arrived that day . You can buy one way shuttle tickets. Check and see if the policy is the same. It is easy to work around. I would take their shuttle to Galveston and rent a car afterward.

Archived