RENTAL CAR IAH to Bayport Terminal

hlb76

Has anyone rented a car at the airport and returned near the cruise port? We have done this numerous times in Fla and it works great! It not only saves us money on cabs we can get around at our own pace. We normally use budget as I get a great discount at work plus they dont charge for a one way rental.

Please share your experiences good and bad. If you happen to know a rental location near the port that would be great.

I doubt there is any place to drop off a rental car anywhere near the Bayport cruise terminal, it is located in a very industrial part of houston, lots of heavy industry, a few houses and basic support for them (fast food and some grocery stores), but no malls, car dealerships, nice dining, etc. all of that is 10-15 miles from the port or more.

I arranged a rental car to be picked up a few miles from IAH and dropped off at the enterprise at 1815 bayport blvd Seabrook (not very far from the terminal).

It may work for you, but the Seabrook Enterprise location is not open on Sunday's.

If you pick the car up at the airport it is obscenely expensive. But get a cab to Will Clayton Pkwy Humble to save a lot.

edit: found my quotes: 1 way rental from airport for 3 days, 350.01.

same 3 days from the Will Clayton location: $173.09

Edited by kingstonKouple72

Ouch. What a difference a few miles makes. We will fly in Friday evening and board Sat for a 7 day. So the Sunday thing is not an issue. I found always look for a company that allows one way rentals such as budget. I did find a few places closer to the Port but being unfilmiar I don't know if one is closer than others or which is an easier drive, etc. But the quote I was seeing was about $40 which trumps a cab ride or taking a shuttle. It would be nice to get around on out own the night we get in and pick up anything we need. Then make it to the port at our leisure. we have done this in Ft Lauderdale, Orlando /Port Canaveral as well as Miami. There is a smooth ride. The hubster drops us off at the port with all luggage heads to return the car and then takes the shuttle to the port. On the return we all take the shuttle and go get the car ( that's is not as smooth). But sounds like Houston is not as user friendly