Singapore to Amsterdam and back on SQ Economy (incl Changi Airport new Long Bar)

Iluvcruising2

We fly from Singapore to Amsterdam on Singapore Airlines. But before the flight, check out the renovated Terminal 3, where they have done some work to expand the shopping area upwards. The usage of double volume space, I think.

Here is a store that has expanded upwards.

e04j1d.jpg

There is a Zara, which is now double storey. Pretty neat yeah.

2ikb9ro.jpg

Here is a video I made as I walked around the place. In the video, I check out the rest areas, and also enter the Zara store.

[YOUTUBE]gN4GsRKtCDM[/YOUTUBE]

In this video, I check out the Singapore Food Street, also in Terminal 3. Plenty of local food choices, if you are hungry. Chicken Rice, Nasi Lemak, Beef Noodles, all there. Reasonably priced. If all this doesn't suit you, there is a Burger King at the end of the food street. Understandably, the Burger King was pretty crowded.

[YOUTUBE]qfV55oF6tTA[/YOUTUBE]

As I checked out the shops, I went into DFS, went upstairs, and chanced upon this!

kcmfbl.jpg

Very interesting. Wonder how much they charged for drinks. Check out the menu. It says the drinks were free! (Tasting portion)

2ngy3p2.jpg

The decor was pretty cool.

24ctso3.jpg

Now check out this video I made of the Long Bar, enjoying my Singapore Sling!

[YOUTUBE]IjlWsd1Ejmw[/YOUTUBE]

This was my drink, the Singapore Sling!

2e1rcqf.jpg

Let's continue on with the flight. Today, I am flying on SQ 324 to Amsterdam.

2wom9p5.jpg

Boarding was on time, and smooth. We settled into our seats quickly. Here is the hot towel which was handed out.

2148hdx.jpg

Reading through the in-flight magazine and I noticed this article. Coincidentally, Amsterdam will be the first destination for the new SQ Airbus A350, expected to begin by April 2016.

n3vx21.jpg

Menus were handed out. A very attractive design. Making me hungry!

iolws9.jpg

This was my main meal. I chose the Peranakan option - Pandan coconut rice with spicy chicken. Tasted very good, well, I'm biased as I like Peranakan food.

29p45rp.jpg

The plane felt rather cold. Thankfully I was well prepared, with my jacket and the blanket helped. I managed to get some sleep and soon it was time for breakfast. I chose the Asian noodle option for breakfast.

2lb25v9.jpg

Overall, it was a smooth flight. We arrived in Amsterdam early in the morning and cleared immigration quite quickly. After getting our bags, we would transfer to the Hague.

Here is the video of the flight experience on board Singapore Airlines Economy class.

[YOUTUBE]LS22Fhj6Ydw[/YOUTUBE]