Excursions

jesslsm

It all depends on what you want to do.

We have been to Belize only once (Jewel January 2015) but are returning on the Jade in January 2016.

We did the ziplining and cavetubing combo through .bz (Vitalino Reyes). You can find lots of info about them in this forum. We had a good time with a group from the ship. Once was enough for me but many people like to do repeat trips.

This time we want to do ruins so I am seriously considering booking through Lamanai Belize Tours. Their price is half of what the ship is charging.

Just read through the threads on this forum and you'll get lots of suggestions.

We were in Belize on the Dawn in January, we booked Goffs Caye.

http://belizecruiseexcursions.com/BelizeBeachSnorkeling.htm#_=_

If the link doesn't work, google Goffs Caye.

We had a great day shopped a little, found out at the pier where we needed to be and were taken to a beautiful tiny island. I would do it again on our next cruise, but my daughter doesn't like to snorkel.

Have fun!!

• 1 month later...

I just did cave tubing and ATV through Butts Up. Be aware the cave tubing is super crowded. It seems like all the businesses go to the same national park. You end up sitting in a tube attached to your group as the guides pull you through a cave. ATV ride was more fun than I expected. All of the guides of Butts Up were very friendly, but the overall experience was somewhat disorganized.

• 4 weeks later...

Our great-granddaughter will be on a Norwegian cruise in a few weeks and I wanted to buy them a ruins tour. Naturally, I want them to be safe. Which tour company should we consider for her and their group. We considered NCL tour but we thought private tour companies might be more fun and less crowded. Thank you