Bayport to IAH area?

kingstonKouple72

Need to arrange transport from Bayport terminal to a hotel close to IAH on Saturday Feb 13th. Haven’t booked the hotel yet. (We have no need to a return trip, as we are renting a car pre-cruise and dropping it off close to terminal).

There are 3 of us.

Best options for the one-way travel? Would it simply be easier to grab a taxi at the terminal? Are there even taxi’s sitting there waiting for fares? I recall a while ago I did a fare estimator and it was something like $100 each way. Is that normal? Any suggested (cheaper) alternatives?

Transportation cost will depend on the size of your party, with three a shuttle bus may be a little cheaper than a taxi, but not much. For hotels near IAH, I generally suggest the Holiday Inn at JFK and Beltway 8 / Sam Houston Parkway just south of IAH unlike most of the other airport hotels it has a real restaurant on site (southwest steakhouse style) with fairly good food, they also serve a real breakfast. It is an older but well maintained, and remodelled Holiday Inn, I have been going to a certification renewal seminar that has been held in one of their meeting rooms every 2-3 year since 2004, plus other business trips to the area and have never had any problems with them.

Hi-- I assume you're on a Princess cruise.

We're going on our cruise 12/5 to the 13th. This is what we're doing (2 people).

We have a 4:15 pm flight out of Houston Hobby, and while looking at the Princess excursions, we found one that, for 79.95 pp, leaves the ship at 9am brings us to the Space Center and then, takes us to the airport . We'll get to airport about 1pm. Our suitcases are stowed on the bus, so we don't have a problem figuring out what to do with them.

Princess also has the same thing for Bush Airport (IAD?).

At least we're not sitting in an airport for 7 hrs and we get to see the Space Center. For our bus, there was only 6-7 seats left.

Have a great cruise!

Need to arrange transport from Bayport terminal to a hotel close to IAH on Saturday Feb 13th. Haven’t booked the hotel yet. (We have no need to a return trip, as we are renting a car pre-cruise and dropping it off close to terminal).

There are 3 of us.

Best options for the one-way travel? Would it simply be easier to grab a taxi at the terminal? Are there even taxi’s sitting there waiting for fares? I recall a while ago I did a fare estimator and it was something like $100 each way. Is that normal? Any suggested (cheaper) alternatives?

Uber is definitely cheaper than a standard taxi. Fares from Bayport to IAH are $60-79. That is how we are getting back and forth for our January Jade cruise. And if you don't have Uber yet you can use the code "5opus" to get $15 off your first ride. https://www.uber.com/invite/5opus