Golden, European Explorer, Sept. 9, 2006

Wendy Mommy

I realize this cruise is close to a year away, but the cabins available were not in abundance and many people (like us) have already booked!

I would welcome feedback about private drivers in Barcelona, Gibraltar, Casablanca, Seville, Lisbon, Vigo, Paris, Rotterdam, and Brussels. We will be hiring a few drivers we used when we were on the Brilliance in the Mediterranean a few weeks ago for Florence and Cannes.

Hope this might start a "roll call!"

Wendy & Kesh

If anybody would be interested in joining us for private tours, let me know. When we cruised the Mediterranean last month, we were with 4 friends and that kept the costs down.

Any recommendations for my previous posting?

Wendy & Kesh

Hi Wendy's Mom,

Do check the destination boards here on CC. I was on the Royal European Explorer in May 2004. Based on the recommendations from the Europe board we used "DriverinRome.com" to arrange a private tour in Florence. We had a good guide who not only got us into all the sights but also recommended a great lunch place.

If you have any interest in the Normandy landing beaches I highly recommend John Flaherty at handmaidtours.com. That was the best tour I have ever been able to take.

Have a great cruise. Kathy

• 1 month later...

Archived