First timers in PR. 2 full days in old San Juan?

greensnow

We arrive on wednesday evening. Staying 3 nights at the Embassy Suites on Tartak ave.

Boarding the ship saturday.

Can we spend both thursday and friday in old San Juan? Would we miss anything else?

We understand there are several forts to explore.

We may spend a bit of time at Isla Verde.

We are skipping the Bacardi tour based on reviews I've read here on this forum.

Are we missing anything by focusing on old San Juan? I'm thinking not. Just checking with the veterans here.

We have booked the El Yunque rain forest hike and airport drop-off the following saturday.

Last year we did three nights pre-cruise in San Juan at the Ritz in Isla Verde. In all honesty, the beach conditions at Isla Verde [water clarity] pales in comparison to the beaches you’ll see elsewhere in the Caribbean (Aruba, St. Thomas, St. Martin, etc). You’ll have no problems filling your days walking around Old San Juan exploring the fortresses and admiring the colorful architecture per the schedule you suggested. We enjoyed lunching at St. Germain Bistro and Café at 156 Sol St. I’ll pass along an excursion we did that you may consider if you have adventure in mind. We used East Island Excursions in Fajardo and took a day long snorkel/beach trip to Culebra Island and Flamenco Beach. Flamenco Beach is consistently rated as one of the top beaches in the world and it lives up to its rating. Do a quick internet search to see some photos. Have a great time!

I wouldn't plan on much time at the beaches - compared to Caribbean, they are just not impressive.

I'd definitely check to see if the moon calendar will be favorable for a visit to the bio bay. This is spectacular!!! Check biobay.com We've done it many times - always awesome!

I've been to San Juan several times to board a cruise ship, and like you, come in two or three days early. If you like history, remarkable beauty, warm and friendly people, and just being able to walk around and relax, two days aren't really enough, but you can always come back for more. To walk along the bay towards El Morro, the art galleries, the Cathedral, not to mention the shops on the narrow streets are just something special. We love San Juan so much we are beginning our 20th wedding anniversary cruise in San Juan, on a B2B which returns to San Juan in the middle of our trip. Have a great cruise.;)