Elation secrets

bachstrad

These aren't really secrets but...

If you want a shortcut to the aft children's pool, there are two doors at the back of the Cole Porter Lounge. This pool didn't have any kids in it and was probably the least crowded pool.

The gym hot tub/ sauna / steam room are not crowded at all. The showers in the gym have side jets.

I never tried out the Mikado Lounge "secret" doors.

These aren't really secrets but...

If you want a shortcut to the aft children's pool, there are two doors at the back of the Cole Porter Lounge. This pool didn't have any kids in it and was probably the least crowded pool.

The gym hot tub/ sauna / steam room are not crowded at all. The showers in the gym have side jets.

I never tried out the Mikado Lounge "secret" doors.

I'll be on board the Elation in 40 days and will post in my review if I find a secret..

From the forward lounge, I think it is the Mikado, you can get out to a little visited area that is as far forward as passengers are allowed to go. If you like watching the sea, this is a great spot. Sorry I can't be more specific, it's been 4 years since I was on the Elation. I hate that Carnival is pulling her out of Galveston!

I went on the Elation this past June and had a great time. It was our 1st cruise, and I must say we had a great time. Our cruise director at the time, David, said that the Elation used to be near the bottom in "cruiser satisfaction", but they we now ranked if I remember correctly 3 or 4th.

I wish I knew of secrets, but everything was new to me. The back of the ship seemed more empty than the front as far as pool usage goes.

Another thing many people don't know about is that they have excellent showers in the gym/spa area. Each shower has multiple shower sprays and plenty of hot water, heavenly. Also the hot tub in the gym area isn't usually busy and is adults only. We spent quite a bit of time in there. :D

Archived