Everything...JADE! (Coming home to Houston 11/14/15)

anonmom

We brought water and put it in our luggage. Didn't lug it around as a carry-on. As long as it fits inside luggage, it should be OK. At least it was was on the Dec 12 sailing. And it's Pepsi on board so if you want diet coke, you need to bring it. I wish we had brought a few bottles of soda even with ubp so we didn't have to go to the bar to get a soda every time.

We brought water, Coke Zero, Sprite Zero, Tomato Juice and Worcestershire Sauce in our luggage. You can also pick up sodas at the ports. I saw lots of people buying coke products in Belize.

There's a fee schedule at the taxi station. We went to Iberostar $20 each way..

Secrets Aura Cozumel Resort & Spa$116 Inclusive

Iberostar Cozumel Resort$65 Inclusive

"IBEROSTAR Cozumel Hotel

Ctra. Costera Sur, Km 17.782

77600 Cozumel

Tel: +52 987 8 72 99 00

Fax: +52 987 8 72 99 09 - See more at: http://www.iberostar.com/en/hotels/cozumel/iberostar-cozumel/location#sthash.7kah7o7k.dpuf"

Melia Resort Beach$49.99 Inclusive

Cozumel El Cid La Ceiba Beach$65 Inclusive

Cozumel El Cozumeleno$69 Inclusive

Cozumel Palace$97 Inclusive

Mr. Sancho's$55 Inclusive

Paradise Beach$3 Not Inclusive

Nachi Cocum$55 Inclusive

"Carretera a Chankanaab k.m. 16.5, Costera Sur

Cozumel, Q.Roo, México CP 77600"

Thanks. That's good information.

5a49a978c074e653d08d2bfc23d174d8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is AWESOME information! Thanks so very much!! We probably won't rent a car in Cozumel. Glad we don't have to tender in Cozumel. Kinda dreading that now at the other ports. So you need a tender ticket to get off the boat? Never did that before. Just got in line and got off the boat..... Will try to pick up some water and cokes on Saturday before we get on the boat.

This is AWESOME information! Thanks so very much!! We probably won't rent a car in Cozumel. Glad we don't have to tender in Cozumel. Kinda dreading that now at the other ports. So you need a tender ticket to get off the boat? Never did that before. Just got in line and got off the boat..... Will try to pick up some water and cokes on Saturday before we get on the boat.

Belize tendering is very easy as they have a company that does it on a regular basis. We slept in that day, had lunch and then went in to Belize during the open tender. We went to the pharmacy and then visited the local artisans outside of the tourist village. A typical excursion for us in Belize.

About bringing water and cokes on with you. Can you not take it to your room when you get on the ship? I also want to bring a small carry on, with just a few things in case there is a problem with our luggage.

Affirmative. You can take everything to your cabin when you board. We take a carry on ice chest since those ice buckets only hold enough ice for one drink.:D

NOLAtravelgirl: The reason people usually don't rent cars in Mexico is because if you get into an accident, the Mexican police will typically arrest both drivers and let you sort it out with the judge later. (which may be several days.) Also, there are some dangerous areas you really don't want to go into. So, if you stick to taxis or shuttles and just go to the normal tourist beaches such as Mr. Sanchos, Nacho Cocum, resorts, etc. You should be totally fine. Be aware that these beaches require a reservation made in advance of your arrival via the internet. The beaches are secured and only allow a certain number of people to enter per day. That's good for the guests because the beaches are never overcrowded that way. Look at the different ones and pick the one you like best. Mr. Sanchos has shopping, bar swings, a pool, food and drinks, massage on the beach and also fish pedicures. So do some of the other places.

NOLAtravelgirl: The reason people usually don't rent cars in Mexico is because if you get into an accident, the Mexican police will typically arrest both drivers and let you sort it out with the judge later. (which may be several days.) Also, there are some dangerous areas you really don't want to go into. So, if you stick to taxis or shuttles and just go to the normal tourist beaches such as Mr. Sanchos, Nacho Cocum, resorts, etc. You should be totally fine. Be aware that these beaches require a reservation made in advance of your arrival via the internet. The beaches are secured and only allow a certain number of people to enter per day. That's good for the guests because the beaches are never overcrowded that way. Look at the different ones and pick the one you like best. Mr. Sanchos has shopping, bar swings, a pool, food and drinks, massage on the beach and also fish pedicures. So do some of the other places.
:confused::confused::confused:

Not sure why you are singling me out. I too disagreed with the poster who thought that renting a vehicle is a good idea. Perhaps you have me confused with another poster. There are plenty of other excellent ways of getting around the island.

Edited by nolatravelgirl

I just realized that the specialty restaurants will have a la carte menus on our sailings. Does anyone have pictures of those menus?? I've tried searching but haven't been successful. Trying to figure out if a dining package will be worth it for us. Also, did the main dining room menus change recently?. Thanks!

I thought Nachi Cocom was the only one that had a limit on the number of people. We went to Chankanaab last year and they didn't require advance reservations or have a limit on people. That's the only one I have personal experience with.

i just realized that the specialty restaurants will have a la carte menus on our sailings. Does anyone have pictures of those menus?? I've tried searching but haven't been successful. Trying to figure out if a dining package will be worth it for us. Also, did the main dining room menus change recently?. Thanks!

ImageUploadedByForums1452483816.789891.jpg.34b6d3aef8ca7548103d09d8be12bc1c.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1452483649.755032.jpg.cc898fc1a77f61636974bc47f289d72a.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1452483719.029514.jpg.a9a161ef38cb99ba28c7b3cf9549880e.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1452483740.015407.jpg.3cdb53d239946e373006a31189658327.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1452483758.501673.jpg.2d8b88d714ecace77031f30d2dadb9a6.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1452483781.321417.jpg.3ead5c9333592a743c7b7f8d33644a9d.jpg

i just realized that the specialty restaurants will have a la carte menus on our sailings. Does anyone have pictures of those menus?? I've tried searching but haven't been successful. Trying to figure out if a dining package will be worth it for us. Also, did the main dining room menus change recently?. Thanks!

ImageUploadedByForums1452484007.379417.jpg.954bfe087a3e03965f7f643a6f7e70f4.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1452483898.484252.jpg.88959e726cae8a3c7a408a550d87d35a.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1452483914.636537.jpg.e7d484dec6936f6ac7861b47479f94aa.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1452483976.474949.jpg.c80d6f0b0119726fe0fd37102f58b068.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1452483991.810073.jpg.fb12989c8b88303d90101d1f70c7471e.jpg

There's no a la cart in the specialty restaurants unless you want two entree. At La Bistro my husband orders the steak for two for himself so it's an additional $10.[ATTACH]373212[/ATTACH]

When trying to book dining, the neck websitetells me that le bistro, la cuisine and cagneys are a la carte. We're on the Jan 30 and Feb 6 sailings.

When trying to book dining, the neck websitetells me that le bistro, la cuisine and cagneys are a la carte. We're on the Jan 30 and Feb 6 sailings.

I think the a la carte menús for specialty restaurants are rolling out this week.

We are from MN, too, and cruising on the Jade 1/30!

I believe the website said the al la carte pricing started Jan. 9th or there about. If you have the Specialty Dining Package, your meal (with one entrée each only) will be covered. Additional entrees are extra. If you don't have the package, then you will be paying for each item. Somewhere on the NCL forum is another thread where one person posted a dinner receipt showing how much those items for their dinner added up.

Has anyone done the South Shore Zipline Adventure excursion in Honduras? If so do you recommend it? I have a 6 year old that will be doing the excursion too. It states the minimum age is 4 years old.

We did the South Shore Zipline Adventure, and it was a blast! We did ours through shoreexcursioneer, but you can have the zipline company pick you up from the cruise terminal as well. I highly recommend it. Seriously one of the best things on our trip. I am not sure about young kids, as in our group the youngest was about 12, I think? But I do know that they took safety seriously and even went tandem with an adult guest who wanted to do it but was afraid. They took it in stride and were very efficient. Also, they offer you pictures on a CD in the gift shop afterward for a very reasonable price, but you can definitely take your own camera to take pics/video as well. We did both. What a great time! :)

I thought Nachi Cocom was the only one that had a limit on the number of people. We went to Chankanaab last year and they didn't require advance reservations or have a limit on people. That's the only one I have personal experience with.

Based on my recent personal experience there was no reservation required at Mr. Sancho but we went to the a la carte side not the all inclusive side. Also I have personally rented a Vespa-like motor scooter and toured the island that way very safely and very economically. IMO the nicest beaches are on the east (okay really southeast) side of the island. I know it's not for everyone but it worked well for me.

We did the South Shore Zipline Adventure, and it was a blast! We did ours through shoreexcursioneer, but you can have the zipline company pick you up from the cruise terminal as well. I highly recommend it. Seriously one of the best things on our trip. I am not sure about young kids, as in our group the youngest was about 12, I think? But I do know that they took safety seriously and even went tandem with an adult guest who wanted to do it but was afraid. They took it in stride and were very efficient. Also, they offer you pictures on a CD in the gift shop afterward for a very reasonable price, but you can definitely take your own camera to take pics/video as well. We did both. What a great time! :)

Thank you so much for the info. We are excited for this excursion. I have been reading some reviews and they mentioned about tipping. Were they pushy at the end for tips?

We were also on the January 2 cruise and I just read all the reviews that have been posted. Our experience was somewhere between the one that has nothing positive to say and the one that has nothing but glowing comments. We sailed on the Jewel out of Houston twice last year and our service was not nearly as good on the Jade overall. We had connecting cabins with two different stewards and two very different levels of service. One waitress in the Grand Pacific gave us excellent service with many smiles. One waiter couldn't have been more rude, tried to serve multiple courses at once, then when I requested he not do so he basically stood over my shoulder while I finished. The guys at Magnums were great, but with so many people having the UBP you just have to be patient at times. That was the case at all the bars. Food was really hit and miss. Really didn't understand the negative comments on the entertainment as that was one of the highlights. We got a very good price on this cruise and I kept telling myself you get what you pay for. We just returned to NCL last winter after many years of sailing other lines. We're on the Epic in March and that experience will probably determine if we continue with NCL or not.