$200 for L balcony on Dream worth it?

sunbird21

Hi all,

So my head and pretty much says it all, but just wanted to check the general opinion. I have a balcony guarantee, and my personal vacation planner has told me that all the balconies on the dream have a good view. I do know there is a chance that we could get a cove balcony, which I am 50/50 on.

In my research, I saw that there are a couple of L-shaped balconies towards the aft that are available. I called to check to see how much more it would cost, and was told it would be about $180. I've seen reviews on these cabins, so I know what the layout looks like but my questions are:

1. Is the main bed able to be split up into two twin beds?

2.if so, do you think of this price is worth the upgrade for the extra long balcony?

If it helps to know the dynamics, I am traveling with my mother who is a little self-conscious about going on the pool deck so I got the extra long balcony with a lender would be nice to her. Who am I kidding, I would love the extra balcony too!

Any feedback is appreciated.

Stacey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've only been on one balcony, so I have no other balconies to compare. But it was an L shaped aft room and we would jump to get it for 180. If you have 180 laying around. Our bed faced the windows, which we loved, and which is different than normal balconies. Whichever you do will be amazing. 180 can also go toward a lot of other fun stuff, which is why we usually book inside.

We had an L shaped on the liberty. We loved it and I would presume the $200 fee would be worth it to upgrade because you are in a guarantee and you never know what you are going to get!

Yes the beds can separate and the L shaped cabins also come with a table 2 chairs and a lounger, so for your mom who maybe would like to get some sun, but from the privacy of the balcony, it may be a great choice! Not too many balconies give you your own private lounger! And, let me tell you it's a slice of heaven!!

I don't think the L-Shaped room she is talking about is aft facing or a suite, but I have stayed in them several times and I think they are great. They are not as good on the Dream to me because you look down on the outside promenade of deck 5 but I still like them better than the average balcony.

If you do get a Cove balcony with a gty it would likely be under the galley since the others sell out first. I would go with the $180 upgrade. I would try to get one on deck 7 or 8 so you are not right above the Burgundy Lounge. If smoking makes a difference try to get Starboard instead of port, or you will be right above the outside smoking area on deck 5.

Thank you guys for your reply!!! Unfortunately, in the time it took for me to post this, the balcony was snatched up... Sigh... That's what I get! I'll have to settle for hoping for the best, supposedly there's only one cove balcony left on my sailing, so hoping that someone else gets that lol.

My other upgrade thought was a cloud 9 balcony, but that price is even more than the $180.... In the end, it's s balcony, so I'll be happy.

We had a cove balcony on the Breeze and it was great! We have had the "bowling alley" balcony a number of times and loved it. Maybe you can research and find a "secret" balcony for your mom? Away from the main pool area on Breeze we could find chairs and space. Just a bit of a hike if you want a drink from the bar.

Have a great cruise!

We had a L shaped balcony on the Breeze and loved it!! They should be the same price as a normal balcony (bit more then the coves), but soo worth it if you can get one! Some people do not like the fact that they do not have a couch, but we never use the couch and loved having the comfy chair/ottoman instead. I also loved waking up every morning with the bed facing the ocean, great view! The balcony is of course a big seller, as you can view the side and some of the aft as well and of course extra large! I have one booked for February on the Glory as well!

Good news!! I was looking at deck plans on a mock booking, and the L shaped cabin came back up!! I call Carnival and booked that bad boy before I could think twice, and now it's official!!! Thanks to everyone for the advice and encouragement, will report in my post cruise review:)

Good news!! I was looking at deck plans on a mock booking, and the L shaped cabin came back up!! I call Carnival and booked that bad boy before I could think twice, and now it's official!!! Thanks to everyone for the advice and encouragement, will report in my post cruise review:)

Yay!! You and your mom will love it!! Order some room service breakfast and have it out on your luxurious balcony! And make sure you each bring a bottle of wine or champagne in your carryon when you board so you can toast each other!!

Have a wonderful cruise!:D

Edited by momonthego17

Personally, I think it is worth it! We try to book the "L" cabin when ever we can. The beds can be separated and its wonderful having a lounger out on your own balcony. Hubby likes to have an afternoon siesta so while he is doing that I sit out on the balcony and read............ heaven!!!