Avis Rental Car

tconley

My family has rented a car with Avis for a trip out to Rum Point. Can anyone provide me with logistics on how to get the car after getting off the ship.

I am just trying to get a sense of how long it takes.

Thanks.

Once you tender in from the boat and get to the pier, you will walk down the street to the right to the Blue Iguana Gift Shop. You will need to cross the street at some point, whether you cross at the pier or when you get to the Blue Iguana doesn't matter. You can't miss the Blue Iguana, big blue sign. It is right next to a small outpost for rum cakes which is a little brightly colored yellow cottage.

Tell them at Blue Iguana that you are there to rent from Cico Avis, they will call them to send the courtesy van to pick you up. It is maybe a 10 min drive to Cico's office near the airport.

We also made our reservations in advance so the paperwork was just waiting for us to sign. The whole process from walking to the Blue Iguana to arriving at the Cico office took no more than 30 mins. max.

Boatbunny,

I have three cars reserved for Dec 27 when our group of 12 will be on Grand Caymen, do you know if Avis will pick up all 12 of us or will the three drivers need to go out, pick up the cars and then drive back in to town?

Thanks

Suzanne

Boatbunny,

I have three cars reserved for Dec 27 when our group of 12 will be on Grand Caymen, do you know if Avis will pick up all 12 of us or will the three drivers need to go out, pick up the cars and then drive back in to town?

Thanks

Suzanne

They picked us up in a pretty big van, I don't know if it would handle all 12 people, but they had more than one van, so I am sure they could pick you all up and take you all at once. Check with them and explain the situation. Although it is not a far drive to their offices, it is near the airport and there are several roads in that area, some of which are one way. Point I am trying to make is that it will be a pain for only a few to go to Avis and pick up the cars, then come back for the others. I'd call Cico and tell them that you need transportation as a group, or worse case, have all the drivers go in the first van to get there, sign papers, get keys, etc. while the second group is being transported there. That way, by the time the second group arrives, the drivers should be ready to go!

Also, when the drivers are getting the paperwork, including the maps, make sure the office gives you exact directions back to their offices when you are returning the car. It took us about 15 mins. to find our way back because the road that took us to the office from the pier, was one way and we couldn't take it on the way back. But don't worry, it's not like driving in NYC, it just meant driving up and down a few roads.

Archived