Article on MSN about new CCL ship design

Tom-n-Cheryl

Okay, I feel ignorant, I gotta ask...Why are rock-climbing walls, ice rinks, and wind-surfing onboard bad things? Is it just because the competition offers them? 'Splain, Lucy! :D

RCCL gimmicks

Okay, I feel ignorant, I gotta ask...Why are rock-climbing walls, ice rinks, and wind-surfing onboard bad things? Is it just because the competition offers them? 'Splain, Lucy! :D

Just hoping Carnival doesn't start offering that. I can get that at the local mall... RCL has them, so anyone that can't live without it can cruise their ships... I personally have no interest in cruising on a floating shopping mall or amusement park..

It's obvious that it's something that many people enjoy since RCI gathers big bucks for their Voyager class ships and they sail out full week after week. ;)

This new design of ship that Carnival is touting is just another Conquest class with a few changes that was done to the new Costa Concordia. Another words you will still have 3500 people crammed on one ship trying to move around.:eek:

It's not another Conquest-class vessel. The next Conquest-class vessel is the Carnival Freedom. It's due to launch in the spring of 2007.

This is another Conquest class vessel and yes I know that the Freedom is the next ship for Carnival. This one will follow the Freedom out. The new ship will look something like this but have a Carnival funnel and a few changes for the American market.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=1392

The next new design for Carnival is the Pinnacle class that will be built when the exchange rates even out.

If you are referring to the press release at the top of the page it does not say anything about it being a sister to the Ventura. The Ventura weighs in at 116,000 tons which is the same as the Emerald Princess. This ship weighs in the same as the new Costa Concordia which was a hybrid of the Costa Fortuna.

If you are referring to the press release at the top of the page it does not say anything about it being a sister to the Ventura. The Ventura weighs in at 116,000 tons which is the same as the Emerald Princess. This ship wieghs in the same as the new Costa Concordia which was a hybrid of the Costa Fortuna.

No there was a different thread a couple of days ago with a Carnival release. I tried to search for it but got white screened.

It basically said that Carnival Corp. had decided to give the second of the Ventrua ships to Carnival.

How ya been?

No there was a different thread a couple of days ago with a Carnival release. I tried to search for it but got white screened.

It basically said that Carnival Corp. had decided to give the second of the Ventrua ships to Carnival.

How ya been?

Been doing well but busy with work and you?

Here is the information that was released late last year by Carnival. You will see that they had one year to assign two of their newbuilds which one was a 116,000 tonner that went to P&O as the Ventura. The other was a 110,000 ton Conquest class ship. It looks like Carnival is going to make it like the Concordia and bring it in at 112,000 tons. If you check out that article above that I posted it shows the new Concordia coming in at 112,000 tons and holds about the same amount of passengers.

http://cruiseindustrynews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=31&Itemid=42

Been doing well but busy with work and you?

Here is the information that was released late last year by Carnival. You will see that they had one year to assign two of their newbuilds which one was a 116,000 tonner that went to P&O as the Ventura. The other was a 110,000 ton Conquest class ship. It looks like Carnival is going to make it like the Concordia and bring it in at 112,000 tons. If you check out that article above that I posted it shows the new Concordia coming in at 112,000 tons and holds about the same amount of passengers.

http://cruiseindustrynews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=31&Itemid=42

Same ole same ole. Looks like somebody jumped the Gun somewhere. This is Carnivals release and is indeed 112,000 tons. http://www.carnivalcorp.com/Sections/PressRelease.aspx

Wish I could find that other source but no luck.

Thanks for all the replies.

Perhaps, if we are LUCKY, CCL will see fit to make the aft corners into

SUITES, instead of the CAT 9A's which are on the Conquest class ships.

That would be a MUCH BETTER use of the corners! (taking a lesson from

the SPIRIT class ships!)

Tom

Archived