Do cruise directors really make a difference?

shdixon

The role of CD is changing. Before they were in charge of the entertainment, Fun Times and being the Voice of the Ship. With the creation of Entertainment Director the CD is only the Voice of the Ship (and being visible) and the ED does the other stuff. Carnival's also eliminating the Assistant CD position.

We've only had one CD that has been truly irksome, on Princess. His tag line after every announcement or appearance drove us nuts. 'I know you'll act like the ladies and gentleman you are.'

The only ones who made a difference to my cruise were Karl with a K and most recently, we were lucky enough to have both Jase (AWESOME) along with John Heald for a 14 day repo cruise. They were both out and about a lot; Jase was fantastic interacting with every age group - I think I will always remember him standing on the pier in the blazing sun, greeting and chatting with every passenger who re-boarded the ship after a day in port in St. Maarten. John Heald is passionate about his job and has the patience of a saint. The number of times I witnessed people going up to him with complaints or just to chat (in the buffet line, one when he was sitting at a table with another guy in business attire obviously having a meeting, in the atrium....) and he would always take the time to listen and take interest in what they were saying. He's a pretty well known name amongst the Carnival CD's and I was almost apalled at the amount of times I witnessed him being interrupted ! But other than those three guys as our CD's, nobody else realll left a lasting impression - of any kind.

I agree with you about Karl with a K. He is by far the best cd we have had. I'm not that big of a fan of Jase. I have to give him props for standing in the heat welcoming passengers back on the ship though.

CD doesn't make or break my cruise, but when u get a good one you'll dang sure know it! Matt Mitcham, on the Breeze, is a true entertainer and the best I've ever seen!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

True!! We are platinum on Carnival and no CD was ever memorable until sailing the Breeze with Matt. He is terrific...out engaging with the cruisers the whole cruise and very entertaining...loved him and loved the Breeze..favorite Carnival ship.

I agree with you about Karl with a K. He is by far the best cd we have had. I'm not that big of a fan of Jase. I have to give him props for standing in the heat welcoming passengers back on the ship though.

Another Karl With a K fan here :). Wonderful CD.