Beach Hotels South of LA

hova

For our January cruise out of San Pedro, we are considering a hotel near the beach in Manhattan Beach. Does anyone know if there will be anything going on at the beach or pier in January? I never been to LA in the winter, and am wondering if its worth the extra expense to stay there if there is nothing going on.

hova

While it is possible you may get some warm and summy weather it is also quite possible it will be more like 50-55 degrees. Could also get some rain at that time of the year. It will not be "beach weather" by any means, altho if it is nice out walking along the Promanade and pier in Manhattan Beach is always enjoyable.

I live in Sol Cal and as others have said, don't count on beach weather. It could be one of the gorgeous 75 degree days or it could be 55-60 and pouring rain. I personally love Manhattan Beach, lots of cute shops, small restaurants. If you stay at an LAX hotel you are pretty much stuck in the hotel unless you take a taxi into Manhattan Beach or another near-by town. There is nothing to walk around to at LAX hotels.

Even if it's not beach weather (and NOT raining) it's still nice to walk along the water IMO. You can always stay at a LAX hotel to save $$ and take a short taxi ride to Manhattan Beach for the day.

• 1 month later...

Archived