Ft. Lauderdale - Courtyard or Hampton Inn?

sgriff17

Any recommendations of one being better than the other? Both have been getting pretty decent reviews on trip advisor, with the exception of the Courtyard being close to a train track. Both would include breakfast and free transfers to and from the airport and cruise port. (Side note: I will be using Hilton points or Marriott points for either of these, so price is not under consideration) I would need to use more points for the Marriott stay and for a few more I can stay at the Renaissance on 17th street. Would it be worth it to stay there - would not get free breakfast, no transfer from airport and hotel to cruise port is $6/per person.

BTW - we are getting into the Ft. Lauderdale airport at 10:30 pm, so it is just for a bed?

Thanks

Ashley

1st Choice - RENAISSANCE on SE 17th Street... Nicest hotel on SE 17th Street, less than 10 minutes from FLL, right across from Port Everglades, very safe neighborhood, with many many restaurants, shops, grocery/drug/liquor stores within easy walking distance.

2nd Choice - Courtyard in Dania... Nice new hotel, but a bit isolated and only 1 restaurant within walking distance.

Which Hampton Inn??? There are several in Fort Lauderdale, but none would be any that I would choose over the above.

It is the Hampton Inn by the airport in the same neighborhood as the courtyard. It apparently gets even better reviews that the Courtyard on trip advisor.

For the Renaissance, would it really be worth it it we arrive in Ft. Lauderdale at 10:30 pm, get to the airport around 11 pm and leave the next morning around 11 am to go to port?

Thanks

Ash

Well the Renaissance probably isn't worth it if you're getting in that late. It is closer to the airport and port though.

Which airport Hampton Inn are you talking about. There's one that calls itself "airport north", and one that calls itself just "airport". "Airport north" is not in a very good neighborhood, but if you're not going to be out walking around I suppose that doesn't matter. "Airport" is one exit farther south from FLL than the Courtyard.

I'd still go with the Courtyard over either Hampton Inn, it's brand new and very nice!

Archived