Please help- which excursions are best with kids on these islands?

europhile2016

My family is cruising the southern Caribbean on Disney Wonder in January. We're very excited about all of the fabulous ports, but I'm stumped on where to do what. Our kids are almost 5, 7 and 9. They are adventurous and outdoorsy; not so much into museums and historical stops. So far, I have a Seafari booked in Grenada (booked directly), and a catamaran/turtle discovery in Martinique (booked through the ship). I need to pick activities in Antigua, Barbados and St. Kitts. I'd like to find a few diverse experiences, including a sailing day, a rainforest stop, perhaps some cool fort or lookout (seems to be on offer in St. Kitts), and some beach time. Can anyone comment on (1) which island would be best for sailing /catamaran excursion (thinking perhaps Barbados but I'm also tempted by the beach with floating obstacle course there; also looking at Adventure Antigua Ecotour but I suppose not really a catamaran tour); (2)which would be best for a land tour with rain forest (looking at Antigua VIP Tours and Luxury Safari Antigua- both visit Nelson's Dockyard, Shirley Heights, Fig Tree Road and Devil's Bridge plus lunch and beach stop). But also looking at Greg's Safari on St. Kitts for a drive into the rain forest and beach stop. (3) Which would be best for some historical sights plus beach time. I know this is a rambling message and I'll repost it on the other two islands. I'd very much appreciate any insight into what would be the best choices on these islands with kids!

• 1 month later...
My family is cruising the southern Caribbean on Disney Wonder in January. We're very excited about all of the fabulous ports, but I'm stumped on where to do what. Our kids are almost 5, 7 and 9. They are adventurous and outdoorsy; not so much into museums and historical stops. So far, I have a Seafari booked in Grenada (booked directly), and a catamaran/turtle discovery in Martinique (booked through the ship). I need to pick activities in Antigua, Barbados and St. Kitts. I'd like to find a few diverse experiences, including a sailing day, a rainforest stop, perhaps some cool fort or lookout (seems to be on offer in St. Kitts), and some beach time. Can anyone comment on (1) which island would be best for sailing /catamaran excursion (thinking perhaps Barbados but I'm also tempted by the beach with floating obstacle course there; also looking at Adventure Antigua Ecotour but I suppose not really a catamaran tour); (2)which would be best for a land tour with rain forest (looking at Antigua VIP Tours and Luxury Safari Antigua- both visit Nelson's Dockyard, Shirley Heights, Fig Tree Road and Devil's Bridge plus lunch and beach stop). But also looking at Greg's Safari on St. Kitts for a drive into the rain forest and beach stop. (3) Which would be best for some historical sights plus beach time. I know this is a rambling message and I'll repost it on the other two islands. I'd very much appreciate any insight into what would be the best choices on these islands with kids!

In Barbados we were very impressed with the Cave tour. In Antiqua your best bet is to hire a private van at the port, most beautiful beaches & a Cat ride there would be great.

• 3 weeks later...

my 9 year old son loved the Boatyard in Barbados last week. We got off the ship and took a taxi for $2 per person into town, they walked to the beach from there. Paid the $15 per person (less for kids I think) included lounge chair, umbrella and free drink. Water was great he played in it and they have inflatables and water toys he played on