cruise director on Valor?

Doughnut Dolly

Just came back from a wonderful cruise on the Valor. The one really irritating situation was Mat the CD. If I hear "Good morning, afternoon, or evening" sung again I think I'll throw a fit. Also "Ciao and party on". The man was absolutely in love with his own voice as he was constantly on the stateroom loud speaker and I do mean constantly. I much prefer cruise directors who move around the ship and try to meet people rather than a continuing voice on the loud speaker. The ship, staff, food etc was great. I did have a wonderful time, but I was wondering if anyone else got a bit tired of Party On Mat?

This is why, whether they be good or bad, I have no use for CD's, not to mention numerous announcements, except for the captain's at noon. One a day is all you need. Why would I want someone to direct my cruise, or say what I should do?

You've got the daily program (Fun Times); direct your own cruise. It always worked for me!

• 1 month later...
Anyone know if there will be a new CD for Jan. 2016 sailings? I hate when my peace and quiet is interrupted by the loud speaker!

It looks like the Valor is getting a new CD starting in January of 2016. Here is a link http://johnhealdsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/NEW-CD-FINAL-Ver2_72715.pdf

It doesn't show who the new one is going to be. The one that is leaving is Mat Seguin.

I think most of the male CD's are annoying...the worst part is all you hear are constant calls to come buy jewelry or pushing something that is going to make Carnival money but they can't make proper announcements in regard to where FTTF should meet to disembark or handle anything for passengers...it's about push things to make money for Carnival...

It looks like the Valor is getting a new CD starting in January of 2016. Here is a link http://johnhealdsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/NEW-CD-FINAL-Ver2_72715.pdf

It doesn't show who the new one is going to be. The one that is leaving is Mat Seguin.

Looks like you have an old copy of the CD schedule. The current one has Mat Seguin staying until Jan 31 and then being replaced by Steven Schwartz.

Here is the link to the new schedule. http://johnhealdsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/John-Version-11.11.15.pdf

Looks like you have an old copy of the CD schedule. The current one has Mat Seguin staying until Jan 31 and then being replaced by Steven Schwartz.

Here is the link to the new schedule. http://johnhealdsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/John-Version-11.11.15.pdf

I cruise the Valor this month. I detest loudspeaker announcements. Grrrr :mad:

Maybe I am missing something here and I mean no offense to anyone but I am on the Valor now this being my 9th Carnival Cruise. Yes, Mat's singing of Good Morning, Good Afternoon and the Party On thing is a little silly and annoying, but don't you all realize that he HAS to make these announcements thru the day? It is his JOB to do it and is told by his bosses. His job is, among other things, is to help make the company money. Why do I always see complaints about this from seasoned cruisers who just can't understand this concept?

Why do I always see complaints about this from seasoned cruisers who just can't understand this concept?

First of all, welcome to cruise critic. Second of all, you see these complaints from seasoned cruisers because they know what it is like to cruise in peace and quiet without the noise pollution interfering with their serenity. Many cruise lines really limit their announcement and I do prefer the quiet to the announcement of yet another bingo game or another sale of t-shirts.

I agree with the sentiments of the OP. I would go out of my way to avoid a cruise with Mat as the CD in the future. He was the most obnoxious CD we've encountered in any of our cruises. There's a difference between a warm, welcoming, fun personality and a showboater. He totally made everything about himself. I felt like he was playing a character rather than being sincere and genuinely interested in the passengers. He's a big reason we avoided all shows/trivia/games that had CD involvement.

We will be on the Valor in Feb and have heard that Steven Schwartz will not be CD for some months but someone named Classy Cassie will be the CD.

Have never heard of her before.