ordering in the dining room?

kenie

If you order a second appetizer in lieu of an entree, can you have the waiter bring the second appetizer out with everyone else's entree so you don't hold anyone up?

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Yes, you can ask for it whatever way you want it. you can even say something like "bring everyone elses food when it's ready", or dont make everyone wait for me. You can do whatever you want. Only point being if you dont tell the server the way you want it served, it might not come out the way you hope.

Only limitation is it's not easy for them to go back and forth to the kitchen, they usually carry a whole tables stuff together. But they will try to accomodate whatever you request.

Edited by WeLoveCruising

If you order a second appetizer in lieu of an entree, can you have the waiter bring the second appetizer out with everyone else's entree so you don't hold anyone up?

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

When I have done that, I have said something like:

I'd like the Shrimp Cocktail, and the French Onion Soup as my main meal.

I've never had any issues with the courses being served when I requested.

I have had issues with random waiters, assistants, and the Dining Room Manager coming over to my table to make sure I was not waiting for a dish that had not come. While they have no problems bringing the dishes when you request, I find anything out of the ordinary tends to throw them for a loop and you may get questioned a few times to make sure everything is fine and just as you wanted.

Thanks all..

I don't plan on multiples of everything but from looking at some menus I can see the desire to double dip on occasion. If I do I will definitely try to minimize any impact on fellow diners...

I can see being tempted by shrimp salad and escargot....

I promise to leave some food for everyone else... :D

kenie

Another option that we do some evening's - is once the restaurant is open you can order items on that evening's menu from room service within the first 45 minutes they are open I believe.

If we see that there are several things that we like on the menu we will skip lunch and order appetizer's from room service to enjoy with a glass of wine on our balcony for "happy hour" and then we don't hold anyone up in the dining room when we go for dinner later in the evening.

ENJOY your cruise