Hotel on Beach Near Miami

Barbee524

Thanks for your reply. We wanted something in the $75-100 per night range. If I was to guess a "star" range I would say 3 to 4. Looking for small, clean and preferably right on the beach. We were able to use frequesnt flier miles so we'll be staying 2 nights instead of 1 pre-cruise and will be renting a car. We wanted to stay somewhere less congested than Miami or Fort Lauderdale and are williing to drive about an hour in any direction. We wanted to save the "fancy" for the cruise and being from Chicago, the bigger cities are not our idea of vacation destinations.

Well, going an hour north of Miami you're still going to be well into the metropolitan area. Going an hour south there's nothing along the beach between Key Biscayne and Key Largo... No matter though, any 3 to 4-star beach hotel is going to cost far more than $75-100. You may catch an odd deal, or try bidding on Priceline, but the only places on the beach I can think of that get that low of a price are some of the old 1950's mom & pop motels in Hollywood or Fort Lauderdale, but I can't recommend any of those.

We uised priceline two weeks ago and got the Royal Palm (next to the Leows) on SoBe for USD75/night. Read some differing articles on the hotel on forums, but we had an amzing time there and were automatically upgraded to suites. I could not recommend the hotel enough for value. And close to the port too!

Archived