Balcony in late October?

cruiseskeptic

We are about to book the October 20th crossing, and while I know no one can absolutely forecast six days of weather, I am wondering if the likelihood of it being quite cool (if not downright cold) makes booking a balcony for a North Atlantic crossing this late in the year rather pointless. Any thoughts?

I would think the temperature combined with the speed of the ship will make for a chilly balcony.

We crossed in late September, and would have wasted $$ with a balcony, because my husband would have been so cold! It's especially cold when it's near Newfoundland. However, it's wonderful for someone who tends to be very warm! I loved the cold winds! Also, there is no view, just the ocean!

Been there and done that, and the view stays interesting for all of five minutes at the most!

Maybe you're right. All that water is sooooo boring. I'll take the plane from now on! ;)

Archived