Cabin 11514 Jewel

flalady

We are in a mini suite on the Jewel, Cabin 11514 for the Dec 4 sailing. I'm concerned that we're under the gym. Can anyone confirm or deny this? If we are under the gym, what can we do? I went to NCL's site, and the mini-suite was no longer available there.

Anxiously awaiting the cruise and an answer. Thanks!

CostaRiviera 1987; NCL Leeward 1995; RCCL Sovereign 1999

I find the deck plans on NCL's UK and US websites not the easiest to work with but someone posted a link to NCL's Europe site (different from UK one) which has pdf files for the deck plans so you can enlarge them and compare decks above and below. The link to the fleet part of the site is http://www.eu.ncl.com/ncl-eu/index_fleet.html You then click on the ship you are interested in and then scroll down and click on the link that says deckplan.

We are in a mini suite on the Jewel, Cabin 11514 for the Dec 4 sailing. I'm concerned that we're under the gym. Can anyone confirm or deny this? If we are under the gym, what can we do? I went to NCL's site, and the mini-suite was no longer available there.

Anxiously awaiting the cruise and an answer. Thanks!

CostaRiviera 1987; NCL Leeward 1995; RCCL Sovereign 1999

You are under the forward end of the Gym, the treadmills are above you.

On the deck plans the forward elevators are a good guide for the start of the cabins affected on port side. On the Baltic cruise they reduced the hours from 24 to 6a.m. to 11p.m. and took some of the treadmills out of commission but it didn't really solve the problem.

If you can't change your suite, contact NCL to see if they have made any changes to the gym layout or times, they have had plenty of complaints.

Failing all else industrial ear defenders will reduce the noise but the vibrations still persist.

Exactly how loud is the noise from the gym? My cabin is also located under the treadmills.

Can't say in decibels, but it is a thump thump thump caused when runners wind up the speed and their feet are slapping down on the tread.Multiply this by about 10 treadmills with guys and girls of various weight and you get the idea.As the speeds and weight of the users vary the thumping changes rythm so you can't get used to it.The position of the treadmills seems to be a line over the divide between the sitting area and the balcony but if you touch the walls or deckhead you can feel the vibrations shaking the room.You also get the occasional weightlifter who drops the weights but that is excusable.

It certainly surpasses any noise you get from the engines or any other source.

The Jewels staff certainly tried to contain the noise by taking some treadmills out of action and limiting the hours to 6a.m to 11 p.m but it still meant an early awakening every morning, no afternoon nap and no quiet contemplation of the sunset on the balcony.

On the positive side though, like James Bond, all my pre dinner Martinis were Shaken not Stirred.

flalady, we are also on the Dec. 4th cruise on the Jewel. And we too have a mini-suite. Ours is further down 11600 so we shouln't have this problem. Maybe some will come available for you to switch.

Also we have a Roll Call going in the Roll Call forums for Dec. 4th. You are welcome to join us as we talk about our upcoming cruise!! We are going to have a CC gathering for our group on the ship. Come join us!!!

Archived