Amber cove - carnival 2 stop catamaran snorkel

FSUDAVE

Can anyone who has done this help me out? Does the excursion leave from and return to the "dock" area? A picture shows the catamaran at the dock so I assume you leave directly from the dock area.

Was it good for snorkeling?

Lastly, the itinerary shows us arriving in AC at 9:00 yet the excursion shows a 7:30 start time?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We just got off the Nieuw Amsterdam and took this excursion. It's run by Tip Top Catamaran. We were very happy with the excursion. YOu take a brand new Volvo coach bus with WIFI along the coast for about a 45 min drive to Sosua bay where the catamaran is. You have two snorkel spots within Sosua bay to snorkel in, then board, have a lunch (pretty good), drinks, and have a nice sail back to the pier where the ship is. Good value overall. We saw lots of fish. Nice crew. The snorkelling wasn't out of this world as far as water clarity, but it was pretty good.

If you have any other questions, just ask.

We just got off the Nieuw Amsterdam and took this excursion. It's run by Tip Top Catamaran. We were very happy with the excursion. YOu take a brand new Volvo coach bus with WIFI along the coast for about a 45 min drive to Sosua bay where the catamaran is. You have two snorkel spots within Sosua bay to snorkel in, then board, have a lunch (pretty good), drinks, and have a nice sail back to the pier where the ship is. Good value overall. We saw lots of fish. Nice crew. The snorkelling wasn't out of this world as far as water clarity, but it was pretty good.

Thanks for posting, it's great to get feedback on CruiseCritic (feels less biased) and it sounds like the excursion was run well. How many snorkelers did they take? Did you feel like you had room to relax on the catamaran? How long did they stay at each snorkeling site? Did they use fish food to attract the fish?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by momonthego17

Thanks for the info. Does the Catamaran have bathroom facilities? Also, what was served for lunch? Thanks!

Edited by FSUDAVE
more info

Can anyone who has done this help me out? Does the excursion leave from and return to the "dock" area? A picture shows the catamaran at the dock so I assume you leave directly from the dock area.

Was it good for snorkeling?

Lastly, the itinerary shows us arriving in AC at 9:00 yet the excursion shows a 7:30 start time?

I booked this trip the other day for our group of 20 - I spoke directly with Nathalie (at Tip Top Catamaran who runs this trip). Bathroom facilities are available on the Cat, lunch, open bar on the way back after snorkeling. I'm very excited!

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay in posting to answer questions.

There were about 50 people on this excursion - it wasn't full - I think maximum is 60ish. There were 4 large picnic type table with benches under the shade cover. Many people also sat on top of the pontoons on the sail back, some layed in the netting over the water. Our family caught a nasty virus on the ship, so we were happy to sit in the shade and take it easy.

Each spot was about 30-40 minutes for snorkelling, both in Sosua bay. The sail back was likely 2 hours.

Lunch was a few cold salads, hard boiled eggs, chicken pieces (like nuggets), raw veggies and these little slider type burgers. They were around often offering drinks.

Yes, they use bread to attract the fish. They are taking video a lot of everyone on the ship and they prepare a memory stick with the trip on it and sold it for $40.00. It had music on it, some generic pictures and video of the actual excursion.

Sorry for the delay in posting to answer questions.

Yes, they use bread to attract the fish. They are taking video a lot of everyone on the ship and they prepare a memory stick with the trip on it and sold it for $40.00. It had music on it, some generic pictures and video of the actual excursion.

Can you bring your own camera?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app