on the Valor today San juan

emod20

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Has anyone use Viator tours for the "Old San Juan Architectural Tour"?

It is a walking tour, was wondering if they pickup at cruise dock

I did a great architectural tour last year with Karen Gonzalez-Jensen who runs Arch tours and is the only one who does this type of tour I'm aware of. We booked directly with her though and did not go through viator. I would think it was the same but at least another place to check if not.

Highly recommended. We did the 2 hour walking tour our first day and enjoyed it so much we scheduled the El Morro tour when we came back from the tour and thoroughly enjoyed them both.

We actually met at the old city gate for the start of our architectural tour. But she might be willing to meet you at port. Old San Juan is very walkable however so easy to meet elsewhere if needed.

http://www.archtourspr.com/tours.html

Edited by dolfndreams

Just a quick hello . And to say glad I didn't listen to all the negative post . Wonderful cruise so far. Great food and good service. Amber cove was real nice

I'm so glad you're loving your cruise on the Valor. I was on her last year on the southern Caribbean, and I thought just about everything on the Valor was excellent.

Obviously, some of the issues posted in reviews will be valid; and some of the valid issues could have been addressed or corrected in a better way than they were. Also, there are those folks that you can't please at all. Unfortunately, it seems like those are the ones that post often.

The same goes for the overly glowing positive reviews as well. For what it's worth; the Liberty always seems to get good reviews. However, it was my LEAST favorite cruise. I thought the food and service were below average. As always your mileage may vary.

You have learned the same valuable lesson that I did. Don't listen to all of the negative reviews. Take the glowing reviews with a grain of salt. Go with an open mind and plan to have a good time, and most likely you will. You're on vacation after all. :)