Summit AFT cabin balconies

Treacher1

Aside from the end family cabins on each side - are the rest of the balconies on AFT Summit all the same size? Can you see balconies below - looks like they are on a step like configuration. If anyone has pics of balcony and what you see from railing (balcony below) please post.

Thanks so much!

ImageUploadedByForums1447472839.291879.jpg.c2be8a55ac313b8f2bbe483a441ac209.jpgwe were in a concierge class balcony, cabin 7182 on the October 24th cruise. You can see in the picture that the balcony a below did have these covers over them which was a little annoying but by the end of the cruise it wasn't a big deal. You could still see in the balconies below

The most private balconies are the AQ ones on deck 11. The biggest are 6147/6148.

This picture has great info, even if it is a bit old and doesn't have the deck 11 cabins. You can see the three middle cabins are the largest besides 6147/6148 and the family verandas.

SummitFanTailstraightened_zps929d5899.jpg

Happy sailing,

Jenna

The most private balconies are the AQ ones on deck 11. The biggest are 6147/6148.

This picture has great info, even if it is a bit old and doesn't have the deck 11 cabins. You can see the three middle cabins are the largest besides 6147/6148 and the family verandas.

SummitFanTailstraightened_zps929d5899.jpg

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Last year we stayed in 7204 booked as a Guarantee Balcony. The balcony was very deep, had room for a wood table with four chairs and two loungers. If you leaned over the railing you could see part of the balcony below. The cabins on deck 11 overlook the sunset bar. Celebrity is also building an outdoor theater and sitting area on deck 12 which might effect these cabins

Jenna,

You are usually spot on but this time you have your cabins on the wrong deck.

1140 has the deepest veranda with its neighbors on each side angled away from the center.

These cabins are over the aft bar and there is a flagpole ofttimes blocking the view from 1140.

If I am not mistaken 6147/6148 are suites on deck 6. I have been in 6148 on the Summit to visit but stayed in 1138 on the Infinity, a sister ship.

The Concierge class and Aqua class aft cabins are all the same size with the same size balconies on each deck except 11. There are family cabins on each side except deck 6 which has the suites.

I hope that doesn't confuse you too much.

Aside from the end family cabins on each side - are the rest of the balconies on AFT Summit all the same size? Can you see balconies below - looks like they are on a step like configuration. If anyone has pics of balcony and what you see from railing (balcony below) please post.

Thanks so much!

Except for the three accessible cabins just port of middle, they're all the same width. The accessible cabins are 1/3 wider, but all non-FV aft cabins have the same depth. About 2/3 of the veranda is covered by solid deck from the veranda above, with the remaining 1/3 canvas stretched between metal frames. You'd have to be a contortionist to see up or down. Side to side is simply a matter of looking around the frosted glass dividers. I don't recall for sure, but I think those on Deck 7 have a relatively unobstructed view of the PH verandas (and vice versa).

These are of 9164 on Connie, which is identical to Summit, Infinity and Millennium.

21647447241_5e2c4ffe50_h.jpgCON005 by Matt Barnette, on Flickr

21708519300_466e807362_h.jpgCON068 by Matt Barnette, on Flickr

21906250281_7d7bfd24e3_h.jpgCON070 by Matt Barnette, on Flickr

[YOUTUBE]j44iCBD-K0o[/YOUTUBE]

We've been in afts on 7, 8, and 11. 7 and 8 many times, 11 once.

7 and 8 are hugely deep, if there is a difference between 7 and 8 it is minimal. When you are at the rail and look down you can see the veranda below - 8 to 7 just if someone was standing at the rail, same as you. Both look down and see a larger portion of the PH veranda. So much I think it interferes with the PH's privacy - we could see a LOT going on down there!

On 11, the verandas are not as large (we've been in 1138, one of the larger, just off-center ones), but they are still spacious (7 and 8, back in the day, we'd have four lounge chairs - 2 padded, 2 not - 2 regular chairs, and a good sized table. All that furniture diminished over time to just 2 lounge chairs, 2 regular chairs, and a table). Deck 11 (AQ) had just 2 chairs with ottomans and a table).

Standing at the rail on 11 you look down onto the bar/café below.

When you yourself are sitting in any of them you can see the wake and ocean.

7 and 8, since they are soooo deep, give you more of a tunnel vision when you are sitting back in them. I was surprised how much I didn't mind the smaller veranda on 11 after so many cruises on 7 and 8.

Jenna,

You are usually spot on but this time you have your cabins on the wrong deck.

1140 has the deepest veranda with its neighbors on each side angled away from the center.

These cabins are over the aft bar and there is a flagpole ofttimes blocking the view from 1140.

If I am not mistaken 6147/6148 are suites on deck 6. I have been in 6148 on the Summit to visit but stayed in 1138 on the Infinity, a sister ship.

The Concierge class and Aqua class aft cabins are all the same size with the same size balconies on each deck except 11. There are family cabins on each side except deck 6 which has the suites.

I hope that doesn't confuse you too much.

This is what I said, pretty much, I think we're in agreement. 6147/6148 are the penthouses and some of the largest verandas at sea.

Happy sailing,

Jenna