Travelling with kids (1.5yo and 2.yo)

Hello!

Are we crazy to even consider a cruise with 2 kids under 3?

If we are not crazy, would you suggest a particular cruise line or ship we should look into?

Any hints or tips?

Would appreciate any info really!

Thanks!!

I'm about to attempt a cruise with my 10 month old (he will be 11 months on the cruise). I wanted to cruise with him before he starts running around, ha ha ha!

Pick a cruise line and itinerary based on what you want/like. We are cruising to the Sth Pacific on HAL, 1) because we like the cruise line, 2) it was a great price and 3) I need a holiday! You probably need to be aware that babysitting is limited on pretty much all ships for infants under 2, and kids who are not toilet trained are not allowed to swim in the pools. (We are taking a cheap ($8) blow up baby pool).

For me the hardest part will probably be packing everything we will need (nappies, bottles, formula, toys, etc., etc., etc.) as we are flying to and from Sydney.

I'll know if I have made a terrible mistake (travelling with a baby) when I get back!

Hi Wildence,

we are taking our 14 month old on Radiance of the Seas next month for an 8 night cruise. Radiance has a drop off nursery (for a fee I think about $8 and hour) and we are bringing MIL to help as well. We have booked a suite so we have plenty of room and access to priority tenders to go ashore. We are planning to take her for early dinner every night in the MDR where they have a kids menu. I am a bit nervous about our trip, but hopefully she will have fun and DH and I will have some much needed down time!