First get together in the Studio Lounge on NCL.

cruiseelady

So I have a question about the studio lounge on NCL. On the first get together, what it's like? To be exact I would like to know do people in the lounge one by one introduce themselves to the room or is it more like people talk to who ever they want to talk to?

So I have a question about the studio lounge on NCL. On the first get together, what it's like? To be exact I would like to know do people in the lounge one by one introduce themselves to the room or is it more like people talk to who ever they want to talk to?

My experience on the Epic... you don't go around the room. You pretty much mix and mingle with whoever you want to talk to. As I recall, the host was the only one that did any formal "talking" to the whole group. They also organize dinner and you can go with the group or not. Even then, you pretty much just talk to the people you are seated next to. I am sure some hosts might do things differently, but that's how it was for me. :) I loved it. Made loads of friends. So much so I never got much time to be alone. LOL

To be exact I would like to know do people in the lounge one by one introduce themselves to the room

We did both times I participated.

Casually ask the host to initiate it when you first meet the host if you want to make sure. The host is there to please.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I think both times I attended it on the epic we did an introduction game round. Once some silly game pantomime our job and the other one the kind of game where you have to remember all the names of the people before you.

I seriously hated it and it reminded me of kindergarten. One of the reasons I prefer not attending anymore.

I think both times I attended it on the epic we did an introduction game round. Once some silly game pantomime our job and the other one the kind of game where you have to remember all the names of the people before you.

I seriously hated it and it reminded me of kindergarten. One of the reasons I prefer not attending anymore.

Oh ok, I would not have liked it myself.

Last year while I was on the Breakaway, it was just give your name and where you from on the every 1st night, that was it. If a person was new obviously any other night, only they said their name & location.

It was like about 200 people the 1st night and about half of them didn't return back after that because the Breakaway lounge itself so small and/or had better plans. Keep that in mind going in there, that it might get crowded but if you like the meets after the 2nd night - Enjoy. :)

Last year while I was on the Breakaway, it was just give your name and where you from on the every 1st night, that was it. If a person was new obviously any other night, only they said their name & location.

It was like about 200 people the 1st night and about half of them didn't return back after that because the Breakaway lounge itself so small and/or had better plans. Keep that in mind going in there, that it might get crowded but if you like the meets after the 2nd night - Enjoy. :)

Oh ok, it seems that the studio lounge will not be crowded with solos, I am leaving tomorrow and it looks like there are still studios available as well as all the other categories. I am kind of happy about that, less crowded and more room for me. lol

Edited by cruiseelady

Oh ok, it seems that the studio lounge will not be crowded with solos, I am leaving tomorrow and it looks like there are still studios available as well as all the other categories. I am kind of happy about that, less crowded and more room for me. lol

Gotta remember - the solo meets is open to all solos in the other room categories like balconies, so that's probably the only time the lounge is ever crowded. It's only like about an hour, that happens.

Yes, I understand, I am actually staying in a balcony cabin. However, I checked the availability, non of the cabin categories are sold out. Even aft balconies are still available, and you know those sell out fast. I don't think it will be a full ship, might be because its right before Thanksgiving.

In my roll call there are only 3 solos, but of course there will be more solos who are not on cruisecritic.

Edited by cruiseelady

• 1 month later...