Is it OK to use walkie talkies?

CruiseMAMA2

I'll take my walkie-talkie on any cruise I want, and if the infrquent chirp makes you angry, and you tell me about it, then you'd best prepare for the answer I will give you...

Second, for the dim bulb that has a comment about the "kids" in another room; yes they are in inside cabins, and they do not connect. We've sailed on several ships, and the numbers of connecting rooms are few.

Ask any 16 year old if they want to share a room with parents and have a balcony or be across the hall and have their own room and I'll wager they will choose the inside cabin every time.

Now, if that bothers you that I enjoy the security of having the instant communication for my kid while on the ship, and the few times we've used that feature then you need medication/therapy or both.

Many things on cruises and other vacations are annoying, but the ability for my kid to adjourn to the teen club while I enjoy the after dinner show with my wife is well worth having the walkie-talkie in my pocket. The silent mode only allows for vibrate...

Optical-rectal outlooks like the above posts amuse me more than any other form of people with no clue.

We've also sent our walkie-talkies with friends that sailed on Celebrity, and they had no problem. Sorry that pisses you off... or, maybe not.

Out of curiosity, did you not pick up on the part of the thread where it was established that the primary complaint is with people who use walkie-talkies irresponsibly? You seem to be defending all use of walkie-talkies, including considerate use, when nobody has said that ALL walkie-talkies should be banned. Only people who are rude are at issue here. If you're using them considerately, there's no problem. So what's the need to get so defensive? :confused:

I would say this post is offensive not defensive. I guess this poster doesn't bother to read first.

True enough! I guess they were defending the use of walkie-talkies in an offensive manner? In any case, somebody has missed the point...

Out of curiosity, did you not pick up on the part of the thread where it was established that the primary complaint is with people who use walkie-talkies irresponsibly?

However, if they were simply banned that would take care of ALL the irresponsible people...you'll have to forgive me, but after experiencing how rude cell phone users are, I don't hold out much (any) hope that walkie talkies will be used with any more consideration.

To me, the fact that these people even think they need these devices (except for medical issues) speaks volumes about their mentality...you simply DON'T NEED THESE ON A CRUISE SHIP!!!

I agree. I walked through a market yesterday while a guy yapped with his wfe on one of these using the hands-free and holding it about three inches in front of his face. There is simply no point for how rudely people use these things. He was speaking so loudly, I doubt he even needs a walkie-talkie.

I'll take my walkie-talkie on any cruise I want, and if the infrquent chirp makes you angry, and you tell me about it, then you'd best prepare for the answer I will give you...

Second, for the dim bulb that has a comment about the "kids" in another room; yes they are in inside cabins, and they do not connect. We've sailed on several ships, and the numbers of connecting rooms are few.

Ask any 16 year old if they want to share a room with parents and have a balcony or be across the hall and have their own room and I'll wager they will choose the inside cabin every time.

Now, if that bothers you that I enjoy the security of having the instant communication for my kid while on the ship, and the few times we've used that feature then you need medication/therapy or both.

Many things on cruises and other vacations are annoying, but the ability for my kid to adjourn to the teen club while I enjoy the after dinner show with my wife is well worth having the walkie-talkie in my pocket. The silent mode only allows for vibrate...

Optical-rectal outlooks like the above posts amuse me more than any other form of people with no clue.

We've also sent our walkie-talkies with friends that sailed on Celebrity, and they had no problem. Sorry that pisses you off... or, maybe not.

This is a perfect example of tragic "ME-ME-ME" mentality.

Seabee,

We've been well. I post from time to time if there is something new or interesting. We will be on Millie in about a month and a half so we're just sort of killing time right now. We've added a little cruiser to the family so it's tougher to get away now.

Hope you are doing well also. How is work? We've been swamped for the last year or so here.

Any cruises planned? You're running out of time for Horizon again.

Oh boy. It was a long couple of weeks. We were trying to find the right Nextel walkie-talkie phone for my company. Anyway, since there haven't been any recent posts, I think that we can agree that walkie talkies are ok. Bringing up the subject, when people use nextel waklie talkies, how does that make you feel?

food for thought...

Oh boy. It was a long couple of weeks. We were trying to find the right Nextel walkie-talkie phone for my company. Anyway, since there haven't been any recent posts, I think that we can agree that walkie talkies are ok. Bringing up the subject, when people use nextel waklie talkies, how does that make you feel?

food for thought...

I dislike it when they leave the speakerphone on. Not just Nextel walkie- talkies phones but any cell with a speakerphone on.

food for thought...

I dislike it when they leave the speakerphone on. Not just Nextel walkie- talkies phones but any cell with a speakerphone on.

Archived