British Colonial Hilton

mikel24m

Hi All Just a heads up my wife was charged a charge from them on her credit card she used to book our day pass 6 months ago. She was charged .85 cents last week I am guessing someone was going to start using her numbers for bigger purchases but we saw it and disputed it.It showed up at the hotel

Hi All Just a heads up my wife was charged a charge from them on her credit card she used to book our day pass 6 months ago. She was charged .85 cents last week I am guessing someone was going to start using her numbers for bigger purchases but we saw it and disputed it.It showed up at the hotel

Did you prebook thru the Hilton directly, or a third party like Island Marketing?? If Island marketing, then Hilton wouldn't have your CC #. This is very odd.

Im not positive but I think we paid a deposit and we paid the balance at the hotel. We remember we gave the front desk her credit card.It is odd for sure but not a mistake as the charge showed up from the hotel 6 months or so after we we visited the Bahamas

• 2 weeks later...

Might be best to ask credit card companies for new cards after any travel! Of course, in the past 3 months, both my and my hubby's debit cards were somehow highjacked, and he rarely uses his, hand't for almost a year. Someone made new cards with our numbers. I have seen recently that thieves have a way to get the numbers from gas pump machines. I honestly think the more technologically dependent we become, the less safe our information will be and the more opportunity for some major problems when a meltdown occurs. It is scary.

• 3 weeks later...