Cabo Wabo Question

Rjf91997

I have what I think maybe a stupid question, but here goes anyway! Can you purchase tequila at Cabo Wabo. If yes, are the prices there better than they are here? I pay $45.00 for the Blue bottle...(resposado, I think?) Any information anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated! :D

I was there in Feb & want to say it was $37.00 or $39.00 (but I did have like 5 margaritas while there, which were great)... but I could be wrong. I can tell you this even at those prices (& I love Sammy) but all his stuff is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy over priced. The resteraunt is slower than a snail. Some of the employees seem downright rude. His big bar downstairsis really pretty dirty, you'd be better going there at night, might not notice the many imperfections...I really got the impression they don't give a crap, if you don't buy their "goods" someone else will... Cabo Wabo = Sammys "cash cow"

LyndaBaker, you are right there is no information about purchasing tequila on the website. That was the first place I looked.

Snorkel Dawg...I am sorry that you were disappointed. My trip to Cabo Wabo has been the thing I have been looking forward to the most. I hope I have better experince there than you did. I wish I could go at night like you suggested, unfortunately my ship leaves cabo at 2pm! :( I found out that is the day of one of Sammy's free concerts in honor of his birthday and I am going to miss it!

Thanks for your information.....

Roberta, too bad about you missing Sammy's show! Hey, maybe I was just expecting too much when I went, don't let my opinion skew your excitement about going ! But I'm guessing the place is quite different at night, it was busy when we were there in the mid afternoon with all the cruise ship people but not crazy,rather pretty boring! It was really wierd. Our group was pretty buzzed from an afternoon of the "Waboritas" (make sure to drink a few of those! I guess I just have to go back at night to see the real CABO WABO !

In Cabo my fav place was chillin on Lovers Beach, Also loved the local beer vendor dude out there...

We enjoyed our trip to Cabo Wabo last June (2004) and would like to return. I remember the Reposado being about $40 and it is cheaper here at Costco ($35) So have a few Waborita's instead - they are awesome and not to be missed! And get the Reposado at Costco when you get home. ;)

They offer a different menu on cruise ship days, since so many ships leave early. I had the lobster tacos and DH had the burrito. Both were great! If I remember right, we were the only ship in that day and service was ok. We waited downstairs for about 20 minutes. There was a band playing outside, so you could hear it when you were upstairs eating. Enjoy!!

Thanks Suzie and Snorkel Dawg...

I WISH they sold Cabo Wabo at our Costco. I live in PA and they never let us have any fun. Maybe on my one day mini vacation in Calif. post cruise I will have time to pick some up...we'll see!

NO matter what happens...I am just glad to get to go on vacation and have a Waborita at Sammy's place!

Cheers! :D

Not at your Costco, huh? Bummer!!! Too bad you leave Cabo so early, I have read many posts of some cruisers hitting the Costco IN Cabo! LOL Not sure, but you might try Sam's Club in PV. The ship practically docks in the parking lot of Walmart & Sams Club. Might be worth a shot also.

Enjoy your trip and definitely order the Waborita by name. It is the best!

We never looked over on that side of the ship that morning. I didn't see it until we got back from our excursions in the afternoon. Happened to go up top to sit out on the pool deck (we didn't leave PV until late) and about choked on my umbrella drink. I know that MANY cruisers go there for local souvenirs, but not up my ally. ;)

We never looked over on that side of the ship that morning. I didn't see it until we got back from our excursions in the afternoon. Happened to go up top to sit out on the pool deck (we didn't leave PV until late) and about choked on my umbrella drink. I know that MANY cruisers go there for local souvenirs, but not up my ally. ;)

It is not any cheaper buying from Cabo Wabo, at least in Ga.

I have to agree with Snorkel Dawg. The place is a tourist trap with prices that are ridiculous. We did not stay long. We found another place that had BETTER margaritas an the price was much lower.

It is not any cheaper buying from Cabo Wabo, at least in Ga.

I have to agree with Snorkel Dawg. The place is a tourist trap with prices that are ridiculous. We did not stay long. We found another place that had BETTER margaritas an the price was much lower.

Gizmo - Do you remember the name of the place you went to where the margi's were better and cheaper?

Ahhhh...you guys are are all really bumming me out, :( I have been DYING to go to Cabo Wabo and now I am not looking forward to it so much anymore. I guess it is better to be well informed and potentially disappointed than Dumb and seriously disappointed! :rolleyes: I will just wait and see how it is and let you all know. Thanks for all your information though, I appreciate it! ;)

jimmymo,

I wish I could remember the name of the place. Maybe someone else can. I will try and describe where it is since we could see the ship from the bar.

When you come off the ship look to your right across the water. You will see a pier/jetty type area. There are small boats to take people to Lands End. The bar is in this area out on this pier/jetty. It is not real close, but for many very walkable.

When we left the ship we got a taxi and went to the glass blowing place early in the morning. We had him drop us off at Cabo Wabo. We sat at the bar in the courtyard at Cabo Wabo. It had to over over 100 degrees and humidity was terrible. I kid you not, there were a million flies all over the courtyard. It was so bad it reminded me of a horror movie. I couldn't wait to get out of there. We left and got lost. We came to a main street, it was pretty wide and we saw a hotel, which I can't remember the name. We went in looking for a bar. We walked all the way through the place to the back and there was the bar sitting on the pier/jetty. No air, but many places have no air in Mexico. They had a ton of fans and great margaritas. We enjoyed the afternoon at this place. Prices were much cheaper than Cabo Wabo and the marigaritas were better IMO.

jimmymo,

I wish I could remember the name of the place. Maybe someone else can. I will try and describe where it is since we could see the ship from the bar.

When you come off the ship look to your right across the water. You will see a pier/jetty type area. There are small boats to take people to Lands End. The bar is in this area out on this pier/jetty. It is not real close, but for many very walkable.

When we left the ship we got a taxi and went to the glass blowing place early in the morning. We had him drop us off at Cabo Wabo. We sat at the bar in the courtyard at Cabo Wabo. It had to over over 100 degrees and humidity was terrible. I kid you not, there were a million flies all over the courtyard. It was so bad it reminded me of a horror movie. I couldn't wait to get out of there. We left and got lost. We came to a main street, it was pretty wide and we saw a hotel, which I can't remember the name. We went in looking for a bar. We walked all the way through the place to the back and there was the bar sitting on the pier/jetty. No air, but many places have no air in Mexico. They had a ton of fans and great margaritas. We enjoyed the afternoon at this place. Prices were much cheaper than Cabo Wabo and the marigaritas were better IMO.

Thanks for the description. From what you said, I'm sure I'll be able to find it. I was at Cabo Wabo a couple years back during the day and also found it to be so-so. I'm sure at night is a different story. As we will be on a cruise, we won't have that luxury.

I'll definitely be looking for this place you described. It sounds like a little bit of paradise.:cool:

We went to Cabo Wabo and thought it was pretty cool. We had lunch there...not exactly the BEST service I've ever had...but not bad and not rude. We had a drink downstairs and had great service, then went upstairs for lunch. It was smaller than I expected, but we both thought it was worth checking out. We had lunch and the burritos were excellent.

Ahhhh...you guys are are all really bumming me out, :( I have been DYING to go to Cabo Wabo and now I am not looking forward to it so much anymore. I guess it is better to be well informed and potentially disappointed than Dumb and seriously disappointed! :rolleyes: I will just wait and see how it is and let you all know. Thanks for all your information though, I appreciate it! ;)

Don't worry about being disappointed! We have been there 3 times and each time it was dead but very cool! Always spend about $200 in the gift shop. The bar areas have tons of bras hanging over them from all Sammy's "gifts" :-) As far as it being dirty, it's a bar in Mexico for crying out loud! You want spick and span go to Tahoe :-) Sometimes if Sammy is playing, he will be at the Cantina unannounced. You just never know :-) We were in Tahoe for Cinco de Cabo this year and saw Sammy several times in the 4 days we were there. He's a cool one and very friendly.

Have a great time! ~Chris

By the way, for those of you that are not a Sammy Hagar fan, Cabo Wabo probably won't have the effect on you as it does on the rest of us :-) There are many cantinas in Mexico that probably have better, cheaper, cleaner or whatever food and and drinks but they are not the Redrocker's, yeah know? :-) Lot's of Van Halen stuff there too...so...enjoy! ~Chris

If you've ever done Papas and Beers in Ensenada, hell Cabo Wabo is an absolute hoot.

Don't worry about Mexican flies...they like gringos so much that they will come and visit you while you're relaxing with a margarita, or you may be extra lucky and have one socialize by sitting on your plate as you have lunch.:)

Good place for lunch in Cabo is the Galleria on the Marina (ask for Marco). To get there, walk around the marina and it's on your left hand side (12 -15 min walk).

Another great place if you like seafood is the Fish House on the main street. It's somewhat pricy, but the food's to die for (excellent scallop ceviche).

And yet again, right next to the stoplight by the movie theatres is a grill/cantina/bar called the Stoplight (amazing huh?). Prices are a bit easier on the pocketbook and you can sit inside or on the patio.

Both these are UN air conditioned...say what? (U an I both fan each other with the menus);)

Ya gotta do Sammy's place if you're there even if it's just for souvenirs and a margarita.

Enjoy your time in Cabo and...

Ciao for now!!!

Don't worry about being disappointed! We have been there 3 times and each time it was dead but very cool! Always spend about $200 in the gift shop. The bar areas have tons of bras hanging over them from all Sammy's "gifts" :-) As far as it being dirty, it's a bar in Mexico for crying out loud! You want spick and span go to Tahoe :-) Sometimes if Sammy is playing, he will be at the Cantina unannounced. You just never know :-) We were in Tahoe for Cinco de Cabo this year and saw Sammy several times in the 4 days we were there. He's a cool one and very friendly.

Have a great time! ~Chris

Take it from a guy who "always spends $200.00 in the gift shop". Exactlly the type of customer Sammy is looking for LOL

By the way, for those of you that are not a Sammy Hagar fan, Cabo Wabo probably won't have the effect on you as it does on the rest of us :-) There are many cantinas in Mexico that probably have better, cheaper, cleaner or whatever food and and drinks but they are not the Redrocker's, yeah know? :-) Lot's of Van Halen stuff there too...so...enjoy! ~Chris

ever heard of Montrose? that's were I became a hagar fan...

Archived