Hub App Roll-out schedule?

playdeep

Hi I got this from another post

The HUB App is currently on the Carnival Breeze and Carnival Sunshine. It will be available on the following ships (dates subject to change): Carnival Freedom (11/16/15), Carnival Conquest (12/05/15) and Carnival Glory (12/06/15). The rest of the fleet will roll out during 2016. The Carnival Vista will launch with the HUB App.

Hi I got this from another post

The HUB App is currently on the Carnival Breeze and Carnival Sunshine. It will be available on the following ships (dates subject to change): Carnival Freedom (11/16/15), Carnival Conquest (12/05/15) and Carnival Glory (12/06/15). The rest of the fleet will roll out during 2016. The Carnival Vista will launch with the HUB App.

Thanks. That's the standard line that's been on the website for a while now. I was hoping Carnival had updated that the specific dates for other ships. Perhaps not...

I posted that quote (I may not have been the only one) ant it is from January this year. I'm starting a 3 week back-to-back-to-back on Freedom on 28 November and I was hoping to find out if the HUB app has started on schedule. I'm guessing not since there is absolutely no word on the Web yet.

I posted that quote (I may not have been the only one) ant it is from January this year. I'm starting a 3 week back-to-back-to-back on Freedom on 28 November and I was hoping to find out if the HUB app has started on schedule. I'm guessing not since there is absolutely no word on the Web yet.

I suspect that you're right, thought it would have been nice to see an updated schedule as the year draws to a close...

JH just posted on his page that it's up and running on Freedom and he will post an updated schedule tomorrow.

Has anyone seen the update today?

The app won't open till you are on the ship. If anyone out there is onboard Freedom right now, the ship probably left port before the new 1.2.2 version came out on November 19.

You can install the new version, I did, but the only difference I can see is that the Freedom is included in the list of ships supporting HUB. As I said, it doesn't open past the introduction screen, except for the list of "Supported Ships", until you are onboard.

The app won't open till you are on the ship. If anyone out there is onboard Freedom right now, the ship probably left port before the new 1.2.2 version came out on November 19.

You can install the new version, I did, but the only difference I can see is that the Freedom is included in the list of ships supporting HUB. As I said, it doesn't open past the introduction screen, except for the list of "Supported Ships", until you are onboard.

I know, I'm just interested in seeing an update schedule for the remainder of the ships. I had seen where John Heald was supposed to post the new dates, but I haven't seen them yet.

• 1 month later...
No ship needs a drydock to get the app. Curious why that poster would post that.

The app needs to interface with technology/hardware installed on each ship. No ship "needs" to go into dry dock for the upgrades, but it would be a convenient time to install the upgrades.

The app needs to interface with technology/hardware installed on each ship. No ship "needs" to go into dry dock for the upgrades, but it would be a convenient time to install the upgrades.

None of the ships that use the app went to drydock

It's really not more or less convenient to do when the ship is in service.

The issue they are having is with andriod devices,that's what's slowing down full fleet implementation.

None of the ships that use the app went to drydock

It's really not more or less convenient to do when the ship is in service.

The issue they are having is with andriod devices,that's what's slowing down full fleet implementation.

If your analysis is correct, then as soon as the android issue is corrected, the HUB app should be operational on all the remaining ships at one time (and not be rolled out across the fleet throughout the year as has been advised).

Time will tell.

Edited by lizardhowson