The Boss Lady Sails the Sunshine; Full Review with Pics

tdmullins

Hey All! Just got home from my 5 day cruise on the Carnival Sunshine and thought I would share my experience with everyone.

This is my third cruise with Carnival. My last four cruises were with Royal Caribbean and I had only sailed previously on Fantasy class ships with Carnival. So I knew that there would be a lot of new experiences on this cruise.

I took a lot of pictures and tons of video for my YouTube Channel, https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf6JH2sU8jyQWl200g6-JiQ where I love sharing my cruise experiences.

We drove 12 hours from Kentucky on Saturday, Nov 7th. We usually like to split it up into two days, but that wasn't possible this go around. The trip was uneventful except for the fact that I left my phone in a bathroom stall at a gas station outside of Jacksonville, Fl. Unfortunately someone took it before I realized I had forgot it and went back for it.

After all the phone hoopla we made it to the Doubletree in Cocoa Beach around 3am. We have stayed at this hotel before and liked it. Two other factors that made me choose this hotel was 1) I had enough Hilton points to cover the cost and 2) the Doubletree participates in the port parking voucher program that saves 40%.

Even tho I was completely bummed about my phone, I woke up feeling better because I knew I would be on the ship in a matter of hours. This view from our room didn't hurt either.

Doubletree%20view.jpg

We requested a late checkout because we don't like getting to the ship before rooms are ready. We were also hoping to avoid the long check in lines. Late check out was also nice since we got into our room so late the night before.

We packed our bags, stapled on our luggage tags and headed to the ship right at 1:00.

It's always exciting to get that first glimpse of the ship. Here is our first glimpse of the whale tail...double whale tails to boot!

1.jpg

Are you getting excited yet? I sure was at this point!!

embark.jpg

Dropping off our bags was a breeze, parking was even easier. It was really nice saving that 40%. But there was still a line outside of security when we got inside the terminal. Fortunately it went pretty quick and we had our keys and headed towards the gangway in about 20 minutes.

5.jpg

embark%20thumb.jpg

00R05806A.jpg

Once on the ship we headed straight to our cabin on deck 10. It was cabin 10124, a spa balcony cabin. I had upgraded to this room about a week before we sailed. I was really interested in the spa perks (which I ended up not using at all) but more in the bigger room. In the end I am glad I did, because the room did seem to be bigger after seeing other peoples pictures of their balcony rooms.

m_1.jpg

After getting settled in our room we headed out to the pool deck. If you turned left after exiting our cabin there was a door that went out to the pool deck. So here was our first view of the pool.

6.jpg

We decided at this point we were starving. It was around 2 and we had not ate a bite. It was decided that our first meal would be a Guy's burger. When booking this cruise and trying to decide on what ship and itinerary we would do, I was adamant about choosing a ship that had a Guy's burger. So it only made sense to head straight there and try it out. There was only 3 people in line when we got there, and honestly I never did see a line longer than 3 people the whole cruise. Many times there was no line at all.

We grabbed our burgers, added some toppings from the toppings bar and took them back to our cabin to enjoy.

7.jpg

I chose the Pig Patty. It was awesome. I wish I had one right now.

After eating we decided to roam a little bit and see some of the ship. Since we were close to the Marketplace we decided to check that area out along with the Havana Bar. I grabbed a strawberry cake pop to snack on as we walked.

9.jpg

Looking up at the Serenity decks as we walked around.

8.jpg

Looking out over the terminal with Kennedy Space Center in the distance.

port.jpg

Your camera is the bomb because those burgers look like I could reach out and take a bite out of one. It also reminded me that I won't get to sample guy's burgers on my next cruise because Carnival did not give the Miracle the full 2.0 upgrades:mad::mad:

Your camera is the bomb because those burgers look like I could reach out and take a bite out of one. It also reminded me that I won't get to sample guy's burgers on my next cruise because Carnival did not give the Miracle the full 2.0 upgrades:mad::mad:

LOL... I thought the same thing... The burgers look AWESOME!