Princess Travel Insurance Questions

DJSOX

Hi All,

I have a couple of Princess insurance questions, I am looking at booking a cruise about a year from now, so it's possible I may have to cancel before final payment. If I cancel before final payment will the insurance cost be refunded, or will it be deducted from the deposit? If it is not refunded, can I purchase Princess's insurance when I make the final payment?

Thanks for your help.

Dan

Hi All,

I have a couple of Princess insurance questions, I am looking at booking a cruise about a year from now, so it's possible I may have to cancel before final payment. If I cancel before final payment will the insurance cost be refunded, or will it be deducted from the deposit? If it is not refunded, can I purchase Princess's insurance when I make the final payment?

Thanks for your help.

Dan

If you cancel before final payment, all is refunded. Yes you can add the insurance before final payment also.

Do look carefully at what is covered with a plan from any cruise line. Many private companies provide better coverage at better cost. In addition, many provide a child's policy free with a parent or adult policy. Some allow you to move the coverage to an alternate vacation if you need to cancel the covered one.

Add the insurance at the time you book the cruise to avoid pre-existing conditions exclusion. You do not pay for the insurance until final payment date, and if you cancel before final payment, you incur NO insurance premium cost.

Princess Insurance has a 60 day look back clause for pre-existing, no matter when you pay for it before final payment. It is true that the cost will be refunded if you cancel the cruise before final payment.