Suggestions on... "Must-See, Must-Do" with 11 year old on the Oasis?

My 11 year old daughter will be sailing with my husband and I on the Oasis in June. She is excited about the AO program. However, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on any additional fun things to do (free or fee)? I'm sure she won't be bored either way, but it's nice to have a game plan just in case.

Oh my gosh, so much to do that an 11-year old would love. What sort of things is she into is the guiding question. Offhand, here's what I can think of:

If she's the active sort she might enjoy:

• Flowrider Surf Simulator
  • Climbing wall
  • Ice rink
  • Zipline

If she enjoys shows/entertainment:

• Aquatheater shows (Oasis of Dreams and Splish Splash)
  • Ice Show (Frozen in Time)
  • Cats

If she's the type into shopping there's a Kate Spade, Coach, and Michael Kors onboard the ship, she might enjoy the cupcake decorating class as well. If she's into games there's also a video arcade onboard and let's not forget that gorgeous carousel on the Boardwalk.

There's literally so much to do to capture a chilld's interest on Oasis - even without taking the ports of call into account!

Soooo much to do! Your daughter will be cruise spoiled. :D

My daughter loves the cupcake decorating class. Its for an extra fee ... maybe $15? But she got to keep and eat her two cupcakes.

She also loves all the shows. Especially the ice show and the aqua show. And the DreamWorks show and parade.

I also take her with me to play a Bingo session. Kids are allowed to play with adults.

We also usually see a movie together on one of the sea days depending on what's playing. Grab some treats from the Promenade Café and go to the movies! It's free.

Putt putt can also be a fun deck activity. As is watching the belly flop contest.

Oh -- and we always do the walk for wishes together. Where we buy T-shirts and walk the mile with the officers. It's for Make a Wish and has become a nice cruise tradition.

Have a great sailing! :)

Oh my gosh, so much to do that an 11-year old would love. What sort of things is she into is the guiding question. Offhand, here's what I can think of:

If she's the active sort she might enjoy:

• Flowrider Surf Simulator
  • Climbing wall
  • Ice rink
  • Zipline

If she enjoys shows/entertainment:

• Aquatheater shows (Oasis of Dreams and Splish Splash)
  • Ice Show (Frozen in Time)
  • Cats

If she's the type into shopping there's a Kate Spade, Coach, and Michael Kors onboard the ship, she might enjoy the cupcake decorating class as well. If she's into games there's also a video arcade onboard and let's not forget that gorgeous carousel on the Boardwalk.

There's literally so much to do to capture a chilld's interest on Oasis - even without taking the ports of call into account!

She is outgoing and loves playing basketball, as much as she loves cheerleading and dance. She has mastered the art of shopping already, so I am sure she will have her dad in all the stores. Thanks so much for the suggestions. They all sound like things she will love.

She is outgoing and loves playing basketball' date=' as much as she loves cheerleading and dance. She has mastered the art of shopping already, so I am sure she will have her dad in all the stores. Thanks so much for the suggestions. They all sound like things she will love.[/quote']

Oasis has a full size basketball court. At times it will be used for organized activities such as soccer and volleyball as well as basketball. When not in use for those activities it is open for free play. There's usually a few basketballs laying around on the court. There are also ping pong tables on the same deck.

Oasis has a full size basketball court. At times it will be used for organized activities such as soccer and volleyball as well as basketball. When not in use for those activities it is open for free play. There's usually a few basketballs laying around on the court. There are also ping pong tables on the same deck.

Oh she will definitely love the basketball court. Thanks.