Boxed wine

lrockwitt

If you bring a 3 liter box, will they look in your luggage?

You are not SUPPOSED to, however, we always pack a 5L box in our suitcase.

Be sure to put it in a garbage bag in case the box gets punctured. I usually bury it halfway down, between all of my clothes.

Has made it each time with no issues.

From what I understand it doesn't show up on their X-Ray machines, or if it does, it just looks like a gift, or box.

I have read some people actually wrap it up.:eek::eek:

Good Luck!!!!

Just wondering...If you do get a box of wine through, do you keep it in plain sight in your room, or do you hide it somewhere?

Just leave it on the dresser the entire week.

And whatever we don't finish, we leave for the steward. They are always grateful. Sometimes it's a half a box.:eek:

Funny story about our last experience.....

I had gone to the Red Frog to grab some drinks to bring back to the cabin for us to enjoy on the balcony.

Apparently, my suitcase was delivered while I was gone.....

DH and DD thought it would be funny to pull my box of wine out and hide it under the bed.

It wasn't until I started unpacking that I realized it was "confiscated":eek:

I must have looked like I was going to cry and they started laughing and pulled it out from under the bed......

Real slick....they got me.:D

Everything shows up on the baggage scan, Its the luck of the draw how busy are they to bother with a box of wine versus bottles of booze being smuggled. They can't catch everyone but I have had friends loose the bottles using everything fro rum runners to mouth wash bottles

Each adult guest can bring 750mL of wine onboard.

Actually each adult can bring one 750ml bottle of wine.

My sister and I have had our 1.5L that we brought to share and also a 4 pack that is still the equivalent of 750ml.

Roll the dice if you want to but don't complain if it doesn't get through.

If you bring a 3 liter box, will they look in your luggage?

Really??? The rules (the contract you signed (electronically)) specifically states all wine must be brought on board in hand carried luggage.

Edited by Who Cares?

A few years ago on a Carnival cruise, my luggage wasn't delivered and I had to go get it from security. I was baffled, but the security person opened my luggage, removed a 375 ml bottle of Listerine and asked me to open it and explain what it was. I told him it was mouthwash and asked him if he wanted to smell it. That convinced him that it wasn't crème de menthe...I had topped up the small bottle at home at packed it in my suitcase because it was more than the 100 ml allowed on a plane...besides I hate crème de menthe...😜

I think I'll have to bring a sealed bottle with the new rules now, though...

Really??? The rules (the contract you signed (electronically)) specifically states all wine must be brought on board in hand carried luggage.

In in those same rules it clearly states that if alcohol is confiscated it will be destroyed without compensation. It does not matter if it is sealed or in a rum runner. Nor does it matter if it is wine or hard liquor. For years the suggestion was just pack your bottle in your checked luggage and if it is found you get it back at the end of the cruise. That changed in July.

So those that say breaking rules doesn't effect me, yes they do.

I can't carry my soft drinks onboard in a bottle anymore because of those that smuggled. I do not care for the taste of soda out of a can or fountain.

My family and I have to coordinate check in times because of all the folks that ignored the previous attempts a staggering check in. (this is a test program in Galveston only) While I can go when I want as a platinum cruiser most of the rest of my family are gold.

I could go on and on but have already strayed from the topic.

In in those same rules it clearly states that if alcohol is confiscated it will be destroyed without compensation. It does not matter if it is sealed or in a rum runner. Nor does it matter if it is wine or hard liquor. For years the suggestion was just pack your bottle in your checked luggage and if it is found you get it back at the end of the cruise. That changed in July.

Absolutely wonderful news! :)