Cayman Island On Your Own

cds62

We were thinking of renting a Jeep to go over to Rum Point beach, but were wondering if there would be enough time to do the turtle farm and Hell on our own if we are in port from 7:30 to 4:30. Is it easy to get around on the island specifically from Rum Point to the other attractions?

In my thread called "Rum Point-don't miss it", I give a website address with a really good map of GC. Rum Point is no where near Hell and the Turtle Farm, you go in totally opposite directions to get to Rum Point versus Hell. Now, that doesn't mean it is impossible to do. You just may not have a lot of time at Rum Point. From Georgetown to Rum Point , it is about a 45 min drive. So, it would take 90 minutes round trip, with no stopping. And believe me, you'll want to stop. I don't know how far of a drive it is out to Hell or the Turtle Farm, but I don't think it is as long as Rum Point.

Check out the threads regarding Hell. I've read that there is not a heck of a lot to see there, but I did hear the Turtle Farm is pretty good. It may help you plan out your time.

Feel free to email me if you'd like pics of Rum Point to help you make your decision.

smdbelskis@prodigy.net

Michelle

Archived