Need to burn a CD (Get photos off digital camera)

FishGeeek

Is there any were I can take the SD card out of my camera and burn a CD? I figure by the time I hit this island I will have filled up the camera and would like to be able to transfer everything to a CD.

Thanks

FG

FG, I saw you posted this on another forum and got an answer there for that island. Here is what we did: I got a second memory card that I found for a decent price on the web. That way I didn't have to worry about burning a CD (which I think they can do on the ship for you, by the way) and if something happened to one card :eek: I still had another one onto which to take pictures. Just a thought.

I just bring my laptop along with me. If you have a iPod Photo, you can download them to that until you get home. Someday, I might quit lugging my laptop along, and just take my iPod Photo with me...but for now, I enjoy looking at my pics on a large screen too much. Or, if you have a regular iPod, you can buy an adaptor than allows you to download photos.

Also, when we were on the Mariner, they offered a service to download a memory card to a CD for about $17 or $18. I'm not sure if all the ships offer this service though.

Here's about the best way I've seen in getting digital images from the flash card to another media:

4 GB Photo Jukebox. This has significantly more capacity than a CD, it's incredibly portable plus you get an MP3 player included. I've seen prices as low as about $100 for this unit. AND it keeps on giving beyond downloads for a single event.

Here's about the best way I've seen in getting digital images from the flash card to another media:

4 GB Photo Jukebox. This has significantly more capacity than a CD, it's incredibly portable plus you get an MP3 player included. I've seen prices as low as about $100 for this unit. AND it keeps on giving beyond downloads for a single event.

Kal, that's a great little device, and I used mine Friday to offload almost a Gig of pictures while we were out on the Golden Eagle. Hadn't planned to take that many, so having the jukebox available was great. Haven't moved them to the laptop yet, but anticipate no problems.

If you're aware of anywhere to get it currently for around $100, I have a friend who might be interested in one. I got a great price on mine, but I think part of my deal was a computer pricing mixup at Gateway.

gary

Archived