Hesitant about NOT cruising solo

mrobstad

I've been cruising solo since the launch of the Epic and just love it! I now have the opportunity to share a cabin with a cousin (whom I've traveled with before) on the Anthem, a ship I've wanted to try....but I'm reluctant! It's pricey, and I just don't know......has anyone else been leery about traveling double occupancy?

On the plus side, it's prob my one chance to sail on the Anthem. On the minus side, my cousin chose a room and date I'm not wild about, and it's pricey, even as a double. I sound so spoiled, and I think that's what comes from traveling solo.

On the plus side, it's prob my one chance to sail on the Anthem. On the minus side, my cousin chose a room and date I'm not wild about, and it's pricey, even as a double. I sound so spoiled, and I think that's what comes from traveling solo.

That and not having to share facilities....

If it's feels wrong for you to go - then don't go. There's always going to be other opportunities to go on cruises (applies to land vacations too!), even if the ship is one of a kind.[emoji4]

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

Now you've interjected two more negatives. Date, stateroom, annnd price. Your last post makes no mention of "sharing" concerns, unless there's something to do with your cousin's choices.

Sounds to me like you know you don't want to do it.

Just keeping checking for royal sales.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Edited by tiger-91

I think u r right, tiger....I've traveled with my cousin before and it's fine....I think it's the date and price that are making me hesitate. I just saw an Anthem trip fir $850. It was based on double occupancy and a shorter cruise. I know what my problem is....just figured it out....if I'm going to pay for a 12 day cruise, I think I'd rather go to Europe (although now it's dicey). I'm content with 7 day Caribbean cruises in the $800 range, and I'm spoiled by UDP and UBP. Thanks everyone for helping me sort this out!!!!!🤔🤔🤔🤔

I've only just seen your post, so am glad you've come to a decision. It did sound that you had made up your mind that the particular cruise was not for you.

I'm not sure that Europe is that dicey. Events have not put me off of European destinations. The cruise lines pull out of what they consider to be the most dangerous places.

I def want to do Northern Europe, but I'm waiting on another friend. Most of the ports are ok, except Paris, but I love Paris! It's such a shame a few nut jobs can ruin the beauty of the world. And for what???? Yes, I'm content for doing the Caribbean in the $800 range, and now that I've just retired, I'm hoping my PCC can get me a last minute, 10-12 day solo cruise in that price range. I'll let you know, Sandra! Happy Thanksgiving![emoji556]