When did Margaritaville become a specialty on Escape?

dna529

So the Margaritaville at sea is really nothing more than a glorified dining venue and bar? They don't do the "fun stuff" they do on land? So why are people willing to pay for this at all? Sounds very disappointing to me.

I would think you would find it very disappointing since you don't like to eat that type of food on your cruise. For others, it's good food (depending on what you order, I loved their fish tacos) and you're outside, looking at the ocean, table service and a decent margarita to cap it off.

Margaritaville with udp now on escape. Group of 11 have eaten at margarita vile twice. No charge with udp received in January with booking. No wait either.food very good to excellent.

Already no-wait with UDP folks still floating around? Will be interesting to see how much interest remains after the UDP bookings dry up.

Wasting away in "margarita vile". :)

We were on the 11/14 sailing of the Escape. If suddenly having to spend an additional $25 per person to have lunch at M'ville is going to ruin your cruise or cause you to cancel that is a bit short-sighted. This was our first cruise on NCL and even though there were several great things, there were enough not so great things that will probably ensure it was our last NCL cruise as well. I would happily pay for M'ville if the service and most of the food quality in O'Sheehan's, Taste, Savor and the buffet were improved.

I'm on the escape now.i can report that the problem of long waits has been solved. Margaritaville has only been open 1130 till 4pm daily.most of the time it sits empty.there are only two people eating now.

Well I guess by alienating some of their customer base NCL solved their problem.

Well I guess by alienating some of their customer base NCL solved their problem.

This is interesting...wouldn't surprise me to see them settle somewhere in the middle here...Similar to RCL and Johnny Rockets, with a nominal fee of 5 to 8 bucks. I wouldn't mind paying 6 bucks to eat there, all inclusive, during a cruise, but 15-20 bucks for a complete meal including apps and dessert, no way!

This is interesting...wouldn't surprise me to see them settle somewhere in the middle here...Similar to RCL and Johnny Rockets, with a nominal fee of 5 to 8 bucks. I wouldn't mind paying 6 bucks to eat there, all inclusive, during a cruise, but 15-20 bucks for a complete meal including apps and dessert, no way!

I agree. I'll meet in the middle, but I'm not paying those menu prices for my family of 4.

My thought exactly. I'd like to see a $6.95 cover charge. At that price, I would expect a decent % of passengers justifying a visit for their group. Hopefully there's a sweet spot where everybody wins...

WAIT A SECOND, did NCL just successfully get us excited over a cover charge for Margaritaville??

I'm on the escape now.i can report that the problem of long waits has been solved. Margaritaville has only been open 1130 till 4pm daily.most of the time it sits empty.there are only two people eating now.

Because nobody is willing to pay for it!!! Lol

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My thought exactly. I'd like to see a $6.95 cover charge. At that price, I would expect a decent % of passengers justifying a visit for their group. Hopefully there's a sweet spot where everybody wins...

WAIT A SECOND, did NCL just successfully get us excited over a cover charge for Margaritaville??

Lol well that's what happens when the "sheeple" drink too much "kool aid"

Fwiw....is there anyone still out there who knows the origin of the kool aid comment?

I would think so as the ones that have the bucks to spend cruising frequently would recall the incident.

Fwiw....is there anyone still out there who knows the origin of the kool aid comment?

I would think so as the ones that have the bucks to spend cruising frequently would recall the incident.

Not only do I know the origin of "drink the kool aid", pretty sure I recently saw someone online decide to become highly offended by it. Might have been here on CC.

I remember. When I was young, my mom would only let us mix a new pitcher of Kool-Aid after the prior pitcher was empty. One day I was determined to make a new flavor, but my sister had already made a full pitcher of something else. So I sat down and consumed it all. That's the origin of the phrase "drinking the Kool-Aid".

Don't believe the urban legend about "Jonestown".

i remember. When i was young, my mom would only let us mix a new pitcher of kool-aid after the prior pitcher was empty. One day i was determined to make a new flavor, but my sister had already made a full pitcher of something else. So i sat down and consumed it all. That's the origin of the phrase "drinking the kool-aid".

Don't believe the urban legend about "jonestown".

lol :)

Bingo!! Brilliant move by them!!

Actually, they did, along with all the people wanting to eat there, creating the demand. If few went, it would have stayed complimentary. Hard to imagine how they can not anticipate these kinds of things better, however...At Disney, they are constantly getting guest feedback on a variety of things...It doesn't seem all THAT hard to do...

This is the response I got when contacting NCL guest relations

"I am truly sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you. No compensation is being given for this change. I am sorry. There are venues in which you do not have to pay for meals on board."

To me just seems like they don't care either :(, they just want your $$

Edited by WirelessRoute

"I am truly sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you. No compensation is being given for this change. I am sorry. There are venues in which you do not have to pay for meals on board."

Give it time...took them a while to gage the reaction on their "No food in the room" edict, and reverse it...

Ok since you are obviously understanding everyone's point, let's put it in terms you can understand.

You book a cruise, you get onboard, you go to use your bathroom and find there is no toilet paper in your room, you call your room steward for a roll and they tell you all the public toilets are now locked and it will be a $24.95 plus 18% charge for a haven type entry fee to use the toilets for the week plus it entitles you to 1 complimentary roll in your room.

Do you accept that "change" willingly or do you raise a stink (pun intended)

That's not a fair comparison. There many places to eat free and it's not like you're on the ship now and suddenly found out. Anybody that's really really upset about this and not in their final three months and chooses not to cancel has no right to complain. I do however understand if you are in your final 3 months and cannot cancel being upset. Not upset enough that this earns 2 million threads because like I said there are still free options. Your scenario would have been better suited if you got on the ship and all the restaurants were pay.

How many free for lunch?

The buffet, O'sheehans and the MDR, with how many rooms open? not all 3?

Meanwhile ships like the Carnival breeze have; The buffet, MDR sea day brunch, Guys burgers, Blue Iguana Cantina, Tandoor Indian, Pasta Bar in Cucina del Capitano, Fat jimmy's Bar B Q, 24 hour Pizza Pirate, mongolian wok, Sea dogs Hot dogs, The Carnival Deli, Afternoon Tea, Taste Bar, 24 hour Ice cream.

Did I miss any? How many more people on the Escape?

That's not a fair comparison. There many places to eat free and it's not like you're on the ship now and suddenly found out. Anybody that's really really upset about this and not in their final three months and chooses not to cancel has no right to complain. I do however understand if you are in your final 3 months and cannot cancel being upset. Not upset enough that this earns 2 million threads because like I said there are still free options. Your scenario would have been better suited if you got on the ship and all the restaurants were pay.

Not that many for lunch and Breakfast and not really for dinner either.

And you are right back to your pointless, off topic arguing...I tried to be nice. If people want to discuss this, why can't you let them, without picking arguments, about how they SHOULD feel??

I'm sorry, but someone who continually picks arguments in multiple threads on a forum, is typically just trolling...Are there not rules against that here? These types of back-and-forth exchanges are of NO interest to those not involved...Could you take it offline to PM please??

And you are right back to your pointless, off topic arguing...I tried to be nice. If people want to discuss this, why can't you let them, without picking arguments, about how they SHOULD feel??

I'm sorry, but someone who continually picks arguments in multiple threads on a forum, is typically just trolling...Are there not rules against that here? These types of back-and-forth exchanges are of NO interest to those not involved...Could you take it offline to PM please??

I am NOT trolling I'm simply stating my opinion. I'm not being insulting or rude I'm saying what I think, I'm sorry yet again not Sorry if that offends you so deeply. My post was not off topic I was responding to his post.